Healthy alternatives?

Options
I LOVE sandwiches and equally love bread. So to cut down on calories and carbs I have been only using one slice of bread and wrapping it in lettuce like a halfway unwich that still satisfies my bread load :)

What kind of healthy alternatives are your favorites?

Replies

• Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten them in a while, but love love Ryvitas. I really should check the calorie count on those though. When I tried slimming world I replaced bread completely with Ryvitas. They taste yum and I could eat them as a healthy extra!
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Oh! And there are these things I'll have to look up for you. They are a crispbread but loaded with stuff thats good for you like I think there is one made of oats! I will look up the website and put a link on here as soon as I find it.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Here is the bran one....but there is an oat one too if I can recall. They are something slimming world uses and a lot of people use them for a variety of things. Even as a base for deserts. http://www.brancrispbread.com/
  • hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    I like to use the whole grain sandwich thins. It is 100 calories for 2 pieces so you still get your whole sandwich with half of the bread calories that you would normally consume. :)
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You might like Thomas's BAGEL THINS (Yum!) in Everything Flavor. Only 100 calories for each bagel thin. Well worth it!