Herbal Tea V's Water??

Options
:drinker: Can herbal tea replace water? I know we are suppose to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day so I'm wondering if herbal tea can replace some of those glasses? :drinker:

Replies

• stewartbeaton
    stewartbeaton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea and it's 95% water and some flavonoids and catchins and has negligable calories so it may as well count as water. I count it as that.

As far as I'm concerned it's better than water.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea and it's 95% water and some flavonoids and catchins and has negligable calories so it may as well count as water. I count it as that.

As far as I'm concerned it's better than water.
    Thanks Alphamale really put it into pespective for me cheers! :drinker:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    Bump
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    bump
  • LisaBeateith2012
    Options
    bump
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i drink herbal tea all day no sugar - it def counts as water.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm a recent green tea convert, it definitely helps melt the flab :)

Coffee with cream to start, green tea occasionally, water when I fancy, chamomile tea to end.

And a shedload of red wine ;)
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea all day, and sleepy time after the gym and tension tamer at bed time so I sleep properly which puts me at 4 to 9 cups a day. If I combined that with water it would be over 4 litres (16 glasses) - so not going to the toilet that much thanks!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Here is the deal. Water is water.
    Anything that contains water is water. And if you drink it, log it in as water.
    It's water!
    Coffee contains water - that's water. Milk contains water, so be it.
    Log it in.
    Simple:flowerforyou:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's water!
    Log it in.

Yeah right. Just log most of your food as water as well, plenty of it in fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. :noway:

PS I agree about the green tea though, it does have very little else in it. Milk's a food, and coffee is diuretic plus a lot caffeine isn't good news for lots of people, is all I'm saying.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    It's water!
    Log it in.

Yeah right. Just log most of your food as water as well, plenty of it in fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. :noway:

PS I agree about the green tea though, it does have very little else in it. Milk's a food, and coffee is diuretic plus a lot caffeine isn't good news for lots of people, is all I'm saying.

Coffee is a MILD diuretic. Unless you are drinking a LOT of it, it will not cause you to lose all the water in the coffee.

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Myths_and_facts_about_coffee___hint__it_doesn_t_cause_cancer__it_s_not_addictive__nor_fat-free_____.htm

If it is liquid in a cup, log it. Milk, by the way, is 85% to 90% water. My steak isn't.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Diuretic effect of coffee or any kind of tea from tea plant (black, green, white it doesn't matter) unless mildly brewed should be taken into account if you're consuming more than 3-4 cups a day.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's water!
    Log it in.

I said "drink" it ...lol
    And I am not commenting on the quality of the water - just how to log in liquid intake.
    Again, it's simple.
    As for me?
    I drink it pure or as green tea.