no weight loss in first week...normal?

Options
I have been on MFP for one week now. I have stayed within my calorie range. I really enjoy running and have continued that like normal (45 min/7mph). I didn't lose a thing! I usually managed to consume any exercise calories I might have "earned". And while I am not the most clear-minded person, I haven't noticed a change in the way my clothes fit.
On average, how long did it take all of you to start seeing results?
Any input you could offer would be great. Tips are helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ritapickern
    ritapickern Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been on MFP for one week now. I have stayed within my calorie range. I really enjoy running and have continued that like normal (45 min/7mph). I didn't lose a thing! I usually managed to consume any exercise calories I might have "earned". And while I am not the most clear-minded person, I haven't noticed a change in the way my clothes fit.
    On average, how long did it take all of you to start seeing results?
    Any input you could offer would be great. Tips are helpful as well. Thanks in advance!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    It's totally normal, don't worry. I didnt lose a single pound until the third week, it drove me nuts. :tongue:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Rita, you are super fit! That's my running race pace. And that reminds me, I should probably hit the treadmill before the gym closes. Thanks for the inspiration.

YP
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    30 pounds to go? You look skinny to me!
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I didn't lose anything the first week but started seeing the scale move weeks 2 and 3. If your pics are current you are quite thin, so your body is going to really struggle to lose any fat that you may have. I think you should focus on building muscle rather then losing weight. :happy: