30-Day Shred....

Options
So, I started Jillian Michaels 30-day shred last night. It was hard, but I pushed through it and the only that really hurts today is my armpits!! I mean they are sooooorrrreeeee. Anyhow, I know that you will get the best results if you do it everyday for the 30 days, but I know I won't be able to do that b/c I work fulltime and have 3 young kids. My question is, has anyone else in this boat been using 30-day shred but supplementing other workouts when you can't fit shred in and still been able to see some good results? I think that I will be fine, but I was just curious. I would also love to hear success stories on how much weight/inches people have lost. Good motivation!!

Replies

• strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do it every single day, and Jillian doesn't actually specify it should be done every single day either. People just do that because it says 30 day shred and there's 3 lots that can be split into 10 days each.

I've taken a few days off inbetween, sometimes because I've run that day and I'm tired or I'm resting from exercise if I feel sore. Yesterday I did lvl 3, went for an hours walk and run 5.5miles. So today I've taken a complete rest from exercise, which is important if you've done a lot to allow your body to recover. And I've seen fantastic results. Don't think you have to do it every day to see results!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way since doing 30DS and running my weight/inches lost are:

5lb lost (I was almost at my goal anyway, so not a lot to lose) and total inches lost are 7.5". Most dramatic is my waist, which was 26.5" and is now 25" and hips which were 36.5" and now are 35".

But mostly is how much better I actually look, almost rid of the horrible dimples on my bum and legs and my arms also are looking more defined.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred twice and had very different experiences each time. At first, I did not do it everyday. I also work full-time and have three kids. It is difficult to make time. I was really out of shape so it was really hard. I couldn't even do all of the jumping jacks, jump ropes, pushups (even modified!) The first time around, I began making excuses for myself A LOT! I was too tired or too sore to workout. I would take a rest day that would turn into 3 rest days and then I would think "it will be really hard to go back to it now". I decided that if I wanted good results, I needed to get serious and really dedicate to it. I started the program over and did it after my kids went to bed. It makes for late nights but I deserve to be healthy. I started at 9:30 or 10:00 and by the time I took a shower, I didn't get to bed until midnight. It was worth the sacrifice to me. I did it faithfully and lost 30 pounds! By the end, I could do pushups (REAL ONES!), jump rope the entire time and not be all that out of breath! I started out doing all the Anita exercises and ended up doing Natalie's exercises! You can take the extra time if you need, but if you dedicate to the program, you will have great results!
  • knichole0210
    Options
    That is amazing!!! I actually just started last night. I tried a week ago but I also am a mother of a 10 month old and I work 10 hour days plus 3 hours in commuting! I don't want to sacrifice the few hours I get with her every evening to work out, and I already get up at 5am (of course, after waking up at least once in the middle of the night) so getting up any earlier is just not an option. I am in the same boat as you were and have a plan to do it in the evening from 9:30-10pm and every 2 days go for at least a 2 mile run. I feel like I got a decent workout after the video, but I just don't feel like it's "enough"...before I was pregnant I was very fit and worked out all the time. This is my first attempt at a video so in a way I feel like I need to do MORE....

I am curious to know how long it took you to lose the 30 pounds and what your routine was? Did you mix cardio in with the 30DS as well? So inspiring!
  • knichole0210
    Options
    Sorry, wanted to clarify since I apparently forgot how to type when typing that particular sentence...lol - I plan on doing 30DS for 2 days, a 2 mile run the 3rd day, then a day off. So I will end up running twice a week, 30 DS 4 times a week then one rest day.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds the first month and then the next 14 over two months. I would still like to lose another 10-15 pounds. I keep my calories around 1200 a day, drink no soda (which was a once a day thing for me), and use my elliptical machine for 30-45 minutes about five days a week. I burned a lot of fat with my elliptical but JM works my muscles! I have never been athletic at all and now I am so excited that i have shoulder muscles! I am doing JM Body Revolution now. I am only in the second week but I know that I will get great results from this program as well. I really love Jillian. I think your plan to mix up the videos with you run is a good one. Take the time with your baby too. You don't want to miss out on any of that precious time. I am getting ready to do a workout and use my elliptical. My two year old is taking a nap and my 13 year old in charge of her if she wakes up early. So nice to have that big age difference!:happy:
  • rowsloss
    Options
    I came here because i wanted to know too.. but just to say, if you ever do get any soreness the day after, try chewing on a small chunk of ginger or getting some ginger shews that drugstore and chinese mini markets sometimes sell. It stop the soreness