Hi, I came here from Weight Watchers

Options
Hi guys!

I've been on WW since September 2011 and have managed to lose 40lbs with their system. I have about 5 more pounds to lose and am not getting anywhere. I love the WW system and am thrilled to see that there is a free service/site/app that is on-par with them! Yes I was only paying $22/month for only WW online and had much success, but for these final 5 I may just give up on there and continue with this site.

Another plus is that there's a BLACKBERRY APP! Woooo! So thrilled. Thanks myfitnesspal and its people - help me lose those 5 lbs by july 26th! Cheers

Vicki

Replies

• SilverStar13
    Options
    I came here from WW as well! Started this week with MFP (again, as I dabbled in it several months ago). I think as long as you're tracking, that's really the key.
    You say you have 5 pounds left to lose, I have about 7 so let's join forces and kick it in the tush! ;)
  • slootv
    slootv Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm game! Going to try and go for a long-ish bike ride tonight (75 min) if the weather holds out
  • SilverStar13
    Options
    That sounds fun! I'm not much of a biker but being outside and active feels good. Hope the weather stays happy for you! I'll be doing Zumba. That's pretty much my crutch.
  • davies1988
    Options
    good luck x
  • kidznpupz
    kidznpupz Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! Me too. -ww i mean lol- I'm 58 years old and lost over 80 lbs but I have ten more to go and have totally stalled. I switched over the MFP and really like the idea of calories instead of points. I mean an apple has 70 calories not 0 like ww claims. Okay zero points - but not calories lol.
    Anyway, welcome. I've been here about a week and like what I have seen so far. The database is awesome to!
  • SilverStar13
    Options
    Amen to the food database! Haha...

WW was just trying to encourage people to eat more fruits and veggies to feel more satisfied. It's not a bad principle. Way to go on losing over 80 pounds though! That's awesome!