I NEED SOME IDEAS PLEASE...

Options
WHAT KIND OF HEALTHY SNACKS DO YOU TAKE TO WORK??
I HATE BRINGING FOOD TO WORK, AND I ACTUALLY NEVER BRING ANYTHING, AND END UP EATING A BUNCH OF JUNK FOOD. :mad: LIKE COOKIES, SODA, CHIPS AND EVEN CHOCOLATE :sad:
I NEED SOME IDEAS OF SNACKS OR FOOD THAT I CAN EAT AT WORK AND THAT WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    measure out a serving of raw almonds and a serving of dark chocolate chips. very yummy and keeps you full for a long time
  • hadoo
    hadoo Posts: 7
    Options
    try fruit and veggies.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, string cheese, hardboiled eggs, nuts, fruits, dried fruits, whole wheat pretzels, whole wheat crackers, fresh veggies with hummus...
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Special K bars...(a lot of sugar but taste good)
    Pure Protein Bars (not a lot of sugar taste okay)
    Any of those 100 calorie snacks
    Mixed nuts (small handfull) and a small apple
    String cheese and a mini fruit cup

These can all be thrown in your desk and can be ok to eat without refridgeration. (even the string cheese which i find taste better at room temp)
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR IDEAS, I GUESS I NEED TO INFORM MY SELF MORE OF THE BENEFITS OF EATING HEALTHY SNACKS. I SIT AT MY DESK FOR 10 HRS A DAY, AND THAT'S JUST KILLING ME. I'M GAINING WEIGHT BY THE MINUTE :frown:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    pita chips, hummus, nuts, cheese, lots of water.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I bring a lot of what's already been suggested.

My other suggestion is to pack it the night before - especially if your mornings tend to be rushed. On the mornings I go to the gym I have to have lunch and snack ready in the fridge so all I have to do is grab them in the morning and go.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, string cheese, hardboiled eggs, nuts, fruits, dried fruits, whole wheat pretzels, whole wheat crackers, fresh veggies with hummus...
    I take celery, cucumbers, pea pods, red peppers, nuts, dried fruit mix.
    But maybe it would be good to try to break the habit of eating at your desk. It icks me out to eat much at my work area. I mainly only eat in the break room. I keep my food in the fridge in that other room. And there isn't much food to buy nearby.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I eat Perfect Zone bars in Chocolate Almond Raisin. They taste TOOOO GOOOD to be tru. lol
    This is actually my treat for the day at work.
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    I STRUGGLE SO MUCH TO DRINK WATER :sick: I THINK IT'S BEEN LIKE THREE DAYS I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DROP!!!
    BUT I NEED TO, I REALLY DO, I THINK MY KIDNEYS HURT, BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF WATER.
    AND I'M THINKING IT'S MY BACK :huh:
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    GREAT IDEA, MY MORNINGS ARE ALWAYS IN A RUSHED, I'M ALWAYS LATE TO WORK, THAT'S ANOTHER THING I GOTTA WORK ON :ohwell:
    I WILL FOLLOW YOUR IDEA OF PACKING THE NIGHT BEFORE.

THANKS! :flowerforyou:
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    WOW!!! YOU REALLY EAT HEALTHY, GOOD FOR YOU! :drinker:
    I DON'T HAVE A BREAK ROOM AREA, IT'S A VERY SMALL OFFICE, I HAVE TO EAT AT MY DESK, AND I HAVE NO WALKING TO DO, IT SUCKS CAUSE I GOTTA BE AT MY DESK ALL DAY :angry:
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    I'LL NEED TO TRY SOME OF THOSE :tongue: THANKS!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I have Light Pringles, 100 cal bags of popcorn, fruit cups, granola bars.....

1sweet dreamer- did you take the picture that you're using for your profile? Its a beautiful flower! I love taking pics of flowers!
  • 1sweet_dreamer
    Options
    I have Light Pringles, 100 cal bags of popcorn, fruit cups, granola bars.....

1sweet dreamer- did you take the picture that you're using for your profile? Its a beautiful flower! I love taking pics of flowers!

HI :flowerforyou:
    NO, I DIDN'T TAKE THAT PICTURE. IT'S BEAUTIFUL, RIGHT? I FOUND IT ON THE WEB. :wink:
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    yogert,nuts,fruits,and veggies.
  • mrsbice
    Options
    i had the same issue!

i take baby carrots, celery with a little pb, apples (i keep a knife at my desk to cut them), trail mix (the ones without the chocolate in it)...things like that. I have to keep switching it up so that I don't get bored with something, b/c that is when i turn to the snack machine.