NEED HELP!

Options
HI EVERYONE, I WAS COUNTING CALORIES MONTHS AGO, AND LOST A FEW POUNDS, BUT THEN I GAVE UP, AND ONLY TO GAIN 15 LBS MORE THAN WHAT I HAD LOST. I'M DEPRESSED. :cry: I CAN'T FIND THAT WILL POWER THAT I NEED TO CONTINUE ON MY JOURNEY. I START ONE DAY AND TWO DAYS LATER, I GIVE UP. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT, I GET TIRED VERY EASILY, HARDLY WALK AT ALL, CAUSE MY FEET HURT LIKE CRAZY :frown:

I BOUGHT A THREAD MILL ABOUT A MONTH AGO, AND HAVE USED IT LIKE 5 TIMES AT THE MOST.
I FEEL ALL MY BODY STIFF, I DON'T HAVE ANY FLEXIBILITY. WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE CAN I DO TO HELP ME WITH THAT?
I ALSO BOUGHT THE ZUMBA CD'S LIKE ALMOST 2 YEARS AND I CAN EVEN FIND THE MOTIVATION TO START ON THAT. I'M FEELING LIKE A TOTAL LOSER, I NEED HELP!

I HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY 2 TEENS, AND GET DEPRESSED VERY EASILY, AND FOOD IS THE ONLY COMFORT I LOOK FORWARD TO.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, I WAS COUNTING CALORIES MONTHS AGO, AND LOST A FEW POUNDS, BUT THEN I GAVE UP, AND ONLY TO GAIN 15 LBS MORE THAN WHAT I HAD LOST. I'M DEPRESSED. :cry: I CAN'T FIND THAT WILL POWER THAT I NEED TO CONTINUE ON MY JOURNEY. I START ONE DAY AND TWO DAYS LATER, I GIVE UP. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT, I GET TIRED VERY EASILY, HARDLY WALK AT ALL, CAUSE MY FEET HURT LIKE CRAZY :frown:

I BOUGHT A THREAD MILL ABOUT A MONTH AGO, AND HAVE USED IT LIKE 5 TIMES AT THE MOST.
    I FEEL ALL MY BODY STIFF, I DON'T HAVE ANY FLEXIBILITY. WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE CAN I DO TO HELP ME WITH THAT?
    I ALSO BOUGHT THE ZUMBA CD'S LIKE ALMOST 2 YEARS AND I CAN EVEN FIND THE MOTIVATION TO START ON THAT. I'M FEELING LIKE A TOTAL LOSER, I NEED HELP!

I HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY 2 TEENS, AND GET DEPRESSED VERY EASILY, AND FOOD IS THE ONLY COMFORT I LOOK FORWARD TO.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    I find dancing easier on my feet than walking, since my feet tend to bother me too. I pop ibuprofen for all my aches and pains. Once I started getting some weight off, the aches and pains didn't bother me so much! :smile:
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is that I HAVE been able to eat "real" food. Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time.)
    Before coming here, I tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, (TWICE) but nothing really worked. I always felt deprived of all the "good stuff" out there, and therefore, could only last just so long, and then I'd cave and be right back to eating all the "goodies" I wanted.
    But then I came here, and started my new "lifestyle change", and as long as I "work with my numbers", I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream! :love:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yikes- teenagers are hard to deal with some times, but don't let it depress you! Maybe if they see you making positive good changes in your life and having happiness, they'll want some of that too.
    Get yourself up and just start! It seems hopeless some times, but if we never take any steps forward we'll never get anywhere.
    Good luck!!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    for the flexibility, try the biggest loser DVD. It's has different settings so you can start easy and move up as you are able.

Motivation is really up to you. On nights when I don't feel like doing anything I do 2 things.

1 - change into my workout clothes right away (short/t-shirt in the winter are a great reason to get moving when you live in SD)

2 - tell myself I only have to do 15 min (or whatever you want for your min.) by then I can usually play a mind game with myself to do longer.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    With kids in the house and if your teenager is like mine, can eat anything and not gain an ounce, it makes it very hard to keep a good compromise on snacks and food around. I am 40 years old and I have lost weight and gained weight several times over the years, and believe me it is really easier to loose weight when you are younger!!!! :huh:
    I am not back where I started from plus 10, I have lost my way, fell off the wagon or how ever you want to word it, having a busy lifestyle has not helped!!
    Just hang in there and set small goals, like walk in place during commericals while you are watching tv or when you are putting dishes away, put away one piece at a time, that way you are walking more. MFP is a great place to be and you will find all the motivation that you will need!
    Take Care,
    Rhonda:flowerforyou: