Frozen Fruit Smoothies

Options
kkmarie11
kkmarie11 Posts: 114
Today I went to Costco and bought a big bag of frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, pineapple and honeydew) Im planning to use it to make breakfast smoothies so I was just wondering besides the fruit what should I add so it's a smoothie consistency should i add like yogurt or orange juice i need ideas haha thanks!

Replies

• ctflute
    ctflute Posts: 22
    Options
    I love that frozen fruit mix from Costco. I like to add juice, like orange juice or mango nectar, just enough to help it blend. My hubby likes them with milk but I find it dampens the taste of the fruit.
  • bm1435
    bm1435 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually add some soy milk or almond milk, if I have neither I just use water. I also add spinach sometimes which you can't taste at all in a smoothie and also a few tablespoons of oats to keep me fuller longer.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have Whey Protein in all my shakes. I use to add milk but cut all that out due to the fat, now I just make with water.

With fruit I usually add just water and ice cubes. A little orange juice and coconut water is nice. I also for a change make banana and a scoop of peanut butter one.
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i make mine like this:

1 banana (frozen?)
    2-4 tbs of ovaltine chocolate mix, (4 if you use a whole banana)
    i cover the blades with whole milk
    a handful of ice, maybe two
    one scoop of whey protein powder
    one tablespoon of vanilla extract

YUM!

you can do the same recipe and have raspberries, which are optional, but it still makes for a delicious smoothie!

usually it adds up to around 200 calories, but all my vitamins are filled up :) and a good chunk of my fiber as well!
  • alee37195
    alee37195 Posts: 13
    Options
    bump:drinker:
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    these sound great right now I have Dannon pure yogurt that I'll throw in with it but I think I"ll have to try some of your ideas they sound great!
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    I add apple juice to mine I got some spinach because I want to try it but I was scared but now am going to try it thanks.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I add some greek yoghut to mine to make it a bit creamier. Helps to get the right consistency. Depends what you like though. Try a few things out with different ingredients to see what works :-)
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I always add some yogurt, plain greek yogurt is good, a splash of orange juice, some frozen fruit and whey protein powder!! Delish and I am not hungry until lunch time!!