Hello! New and Looking Friends!

Options
Hello,
My name is Samantha and I am new to this site. I have tried many times in the past to lose weight and have but it always comes back. I am try to lose it for good this time and am looking for all the support i can get. :bigsmile:

Replies

• lgfeilmeier
    Options
    Hello! I've also just joined the struggle to maintain. I wish you luck!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome:smile:
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome to Myfitnesspal new members! Good luck with your journey to a new you. I'm fairly new to the website myself. :wink:

288809.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Samantha and I am new to this site. I have tried many times in the past to lose weight and have but it always comes back. I am try to lose it for good this time and am looking for all the support i can get. :bigsmile:

Hi Samantha, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • rachsam1970
    Options
    hi samantha,
    i just joined here a week ago and i've already lost 5lbs! i set up my profile to only lose 1 lb. a week (since i want to make sure i change my old habits and keep it off this time) but i think my body just got a jump start from me keeping track of my calories. i've been working out 3-5 times a week and just logging all my calories. some days i eat really healthy and some days i dont. it's such a great site with such inspiring stories from people. i hope you love it as much as i do and good luck!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!
    I too have been on a weight roller coaster! I am here to get it off and keep it off this time.

Together we can all achieve our goals!!!!
  • Tschaefer09
    Options
    Good luck to you!! You will LOVE this site I have only been on here a short time and I already adore it!:heart:
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    Thank guys!!! I really like this site already, even though i haven't lost any weight this week i am going to keep at it. seeing all of you guys doing so good is very motivational. :happy:
  • paladyinred
    Options
    Hi Samantha!

I joined this site today too! I have been struggling with losing weight for so long. Hope you and I are both successful one pound at a time.

Sue
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard newcomers ..........good luck on your weight loss journey and KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • paladyinred
    Options
    Hey Megan,

I like that scale, scale ditty. I am going to say it every time I step on the scale. I know it will work magic for me too!!

:laugh:
  • dcbauckman
    Options
    Hey Sam! So, I just joined - I am already really impressed with this site! Thanks for telling me about it! It's really easy to navigate, and like we talked about - hopefully by being held "accountable", so to speak, we can both really stick to it this time! I know we can do it, especially since we're actually trying to change our lifestyle/ be healthier instead of just "dieting". Well, here's to our success!!!
  • wyo_cindy
    Options
    hello I'm new to this site also and I agree with you about losing and gaining back. If I can be of any help please ask because I can use some help myself. Cindy