looking to lose over 100 pounds, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 33 and a stay at home mom to three(9,5,1). I was always the fat kid in school. I was pushing 200 when I graduated high school. I got up to 280. I just joined MFP last month and I love it. I set mini goals for myself. My new goal is to weigh 199. My ultimate goal is 150-155. The hardest part is trying to get my family to eat healthy with me. I find myself picking off the kids' plates. i joined Curves with a friend last month and so far so good. This week I added in treadmill walking/running. I know this is a long journey, but it is so worth it.
  • Neraks
    Neraks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been on MFP for a week, I'm looking to loose over 100 lbs also. Please feel free to add me if you like, I would really like the accountability and support.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This site is a really big help. :D
  • Leisa007
    Leisa007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site faithfully since 3/5/2012 and have lost 40lbs:) Anything is possible...if you want it badly enough.
    I'll be adding you. :flowerforyou:
  • itskaraxx
    itskaraxx Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose 100 pounds!
    Feel free to add me =)
  • mrsjacksn
    mrsjacksn Posts: 113
    Options
    Yes, I need to lose 100 + pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • tedinger4given
    tedinger4given Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too have over 100 pounds to lose. I set mini goals along my journey, this helps to feel like I can accomplish it. If I looked at the big picture it would be so far out of my reach I wouldn't have the drive to do it. I hope this can help you. Anyone needing friends can feel free to add me as well.
  • amykins68
    amykins68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes...I have over 100 to lose as well. The support here is fabulous! Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If you look in the groups, you'll see one called "100+ to lose"
    You should join!
  • angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also have over 100 pounds to lose-

I was browsing around MFP this evening and stumbled across this link-

http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448

It is truely AMAZING and I hope everyone watches it

remember.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!

~~~hugzzz
  • Hotanuri
    Hotanuri Posts: 53
    Options
    You can add me :D
    I'm a stay at home mom of 2, and I started out at 289. This morning I weighed 267, so slowly yet surely! I want to get to 200lbs, and even lower. I've always been a big gal, but after being hospitalized in '05 from blood clots in my lungs, I gained a lot of weight because I couldn't be as active due to lung damage. I'm working through that now!
  • angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you look in the groups, you'll see one called "100+ to lose"
    You should join!

there are a few 100+ groups- I joined one "100+ pounds with NO surgery"... check em out-
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us here. I'm sure you will find the support you need!
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    oh my goodnesss, so many of us. and it is nice to have an "us" to belong to. you are all so strong.
    my story, well i was dx as bipolar when i was 17 they put me on medication that slowed my metabolism. drastically and made me hungry all the time. it was terrible, as i aged i just slowly but surely put on weight. pound by excruciating pound any efforts to waylay the weight were met by little or no sucess. or immediate regain and then some. starvation just didtn work for me. i need a lifestyle change. i am 34 now and my partner is so worried about me. i am 309 pounds. it is just too much. i am hearbroken that i am worrying my loved ones so much. i just signed on for a program with a doctor in my city. it is a doctor, dietician, personal trainer and psycotherapy all in one program. i realize that to lose this weight i am goign to need all the support i can get. it was in my first interview with thedoctor that he recommended this app for my phone. i was using another app. i start the program on tuesday. i am hoping to show the dietician just what i have been eating. it is hard not to scale back and be "good" cause i know it will be reviewed. but i am trying to show her my real eating habits.
    oh i do go on.
    good luck to all of you.
    and good luck to me too.
    anyone who wants to friend me i will gladly accept support.

cheers.
    Chris
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to get down to under 200 pounds. Do you like to dance? I do Zumba twice a week and when u get use to it then add another day and then you will see results after 2 weeks. If you have the wii system or take a class .:smile: ad good luck and also what u eat is very imprtant.
  • mkp60025
    mkp60025 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm another wanting to lose 100+ . ilbpigz and I got on the Metabolism Miracle in January. I've lost 44# so far. You can do it, girlfriend!
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I also have over 100lbs to lose. I started out at 143.6 kgs (315lbs) and need to get to about 69 kgs (abt 140lbs) .. Feel free to add me
  • Sargtr6372
    Options
    Me too! Feel free to add me.I just started today ,I feel good that it can be accomplished!
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    I too am looking to lose 100 pounds, I just made it through the first ten. I think the first ten pounds is the hardest! So hang in there!