When you are working out and feel like giving up.......

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That if I didn't improve my strength, I will end up like this when shooting skeet

Gun-recoil-double-combo.gif
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    it usually happens near the end of my long runs. i tell myself "finish strong, finish strong"

Also tell myself to suck it up when it is not a run.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Was loosing motivation. Just caught my boyfriend of 9 years cheating. Made me feel like the ugliest girl on this plant. However it had gave me motivation to carry on.

Your boyfriend is an A-hole and you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :smile:
    I agree with using that pain to fuel your workout motivation.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    BEAST MODE!!!!!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i am almost done
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people can get fatigued or want to give up when working out. i don't really seem to have any problem doing it for hours.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my mantra right now is "weight under 180 by september don't want to go back to 310" I also have a photo of me and one outfit from before my diet pinned up on the inside of my closet door. So if I don't feel like working out or want to pig out I just pull it open and look.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Pain is only temporary is what I keep telling myself when things get tough. I also hate to see myself as a quitter so I just try to finish strong!
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I subdivide to small blocks of time, then remind myself that anyone can suffer for 5 more minutes.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    If you do this, you can have bacon.

or

I'm sexy and I know it. I work out!

or

Suck it up, dude. You're going to be so hot.

You know, all the usuals.
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Blare Metal or Hard Rock on my ipod. Stops me from think about what I'm actually doing.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    No slogan for me I just think about how I used to look and what I look like now with what I want to look like in the future. I didn't get where I am by sitting and I won't get to where I want to be unless I push hard.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i tell myself come on or lets go and push til i cant push any more
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people can get fatigued or want to give up when working out. i don't really seem to have any problem doing it for hours.
    well we are not all pure beast like yourself.:tongue: some of us need something to think about!
  • alabamaworley89
    alabamaworley89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sweat like a pig, look like a fox! Over and over again in my head.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I think of my kids and wife without me.....that does the trick for me.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sweat like a pig, look like a fox!

I love this!! Gonna have to borrow that one! When I'm doing my long runs, I tell myself that I'm a machine! Makes me feel strong.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
  • osutuba
    osutuba Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like to close my eyes (or just focus inward if i can't close my eyes) and think back to why I started working out in the first place. Being reminded of my goals always helps me out during tough days.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    no slogan . . . I just say "move your @ss fat girl"