Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When you are working out and feel like giving up.......

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    That if I didn't improve my strength, I will end up like this when shooting skeet

Gun-recoil-double-combo.gif
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    it usually happens near the end of my long runs. i tell myself "finish strong, finish strong"

Also tell myself to suck it up when it is not a run.
  • Was loosing motivation. Just caught my boyfriend of 9 years cheating. Made me feel like the ugliest girl on this plant. However it had gave me motivation to carry on.

Your boyfriend is an A-hole and you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :smile:
    I agree with using that pain to fuel your workout motivation.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    BEAST MODE!!!!!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    i am almost done
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    I don't get how people can get fatigued or want to give up when working out. i don't really seem to have any problem doing it for hours.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    my mantra right now is "weight under 180 by september don't want to go back to 310" I also have a photo of me and one outfit from before my diet pinned up on the inside of my closet door. So if I don't feel like working out or want to pig out I just pull it open and look.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Pain is only temporary is what I keep telling myself when things get tough. I also hate to see myself as a quitter so I just try to finish strong!
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    I subdivide to small blocks of time, then remind myself that anyone can suffer for 5 more minutes.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    If you do this, you can have bacon.

or

I'm sexy and I know it. I work out!

or

Suck it up, dude. You're going to be so hot.

You know, all the usuals.
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    Blare Metal or Hard Rock on my ipod. Stops me from think about what I'm actually doing.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    No slogan for me I just think about how I used to look and what I look like now with what I want to look like in the future. I didn't get where I am by sitting and I won't get to where I want to be unless I push hard.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    i tell myself come on or lets go and push til i cant push any more
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    I don't get how people can get fatigued or want to give up when working out. i don't really seem to have any problem doing it for hours.
    well we are not all pure beast like yourself.:tongue: some of us need something to think about!
  • alabamaworley89
    alabamaworley89 Posts: 16 Member
    Sweat like a pig, look like a fox! Over and over again in my head.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    In all honesty I think of my kids and wife without me.....that does the trick for me.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Sweat like a pig, look like a fox!

I love this!! Gonna have to borrow that one! When I'm doing my long runs, I tell myself that I'm a machine! Makes me feel strong.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
  • osutuba
    osutuba Posts: 40 Member
    I like to close my eyes (or just focus inward if i can't close my eyes) and think back to why I started working out in the first place. Being reminded of my goals always helps me out during tough days.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    no slogan . . . I just say "move your @ss fat girl"