Sandwich Ideas!

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
What are you favorite interesting and healthy sandwich combos? Looking for some new ideas...

I made a good one today. Open faced with fat free feta, beets, caramelized onion and some turkey! Mmm. Baked it for a few minutes to get it nice and toasty.

Share yours!

Replies

• Hrl1993
    Options
    Nobody eats sandwiches?! :noway:
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We just found some awesome new wraps called Flat Outs. They come in several flavors and most are only 90 calories a wrap. They're kinda big, so you could easily get away with half of one. We have been using them to make sandwiches with cold cuts etc.

There was just a thread on here recently of ideas to mix with tuna. ;-)
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella, tomato, pesto, and balsamic on any preferred bread... eat half of the sandwich (or whole) with a salad or fruit and veggies...YUM

I'm honestly not a big sandwich person, but I love weight watcher bread bc it's low cal but still fluffy and good. I sometimes throw a couple slices of weight watcher cheese on bread and make a low calorie grilled cheese with some tomato soup when I'm in the mood for comfort food.

Also, tomato, lettuce, light mayo and some turkey bacon for a healthier blt :smile:
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love sandwiches : ) I make mine on Wasa Rye Crisps instead of bread. My fav is Applegate organic chicken breast, baby spinach, avocado, tomato and a slice of thin swiss cheese.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I love a low cal wrap or pita with sliced turkey, low-fat feta, lettuce, and a splash of light italian dressing! You can throw in any other veggies too.
  • KKR1220
    KKR1220 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love this sandwich, well if you want to call it a sandwich...it has NO bread! Try it you will love it. Cut a green, red or yellow pepper in 1/2 (30 calories) put 1 can of tuna inside the pepper (100 Calories) put 2 slices of fresh tomatoes (20 calories) and if you choose put a slice of cheese on it (45 Calories) season with lite salt, pepper and vinegar. Awesome lunch with only 195 calories w/the cheese or 150 Calories with no cheese. This is very tasty and feeling!!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Plain ole' turkey, cheese, & mustard on wheat.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    We just found some awesome new wraps called Flat Outs. They come in several flavors and most are only 90 calories a wrap. They're kinda big, so you could easily get away with half of one. We have been using them to make sandwiches with cold cuts etc.

Ive been wanting to try those!!!

I've been enjoying this combo: Turkey or ham, reduced fat whipped cream cheese, red onion, and tomato and hot sauce. :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    sorry like good old PB and jelly.....
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I love doing my sandwiches open face.
    My favorite is chicken salad with grilled chicken, celery, grapes and just a tiny mayo.
    Egg salad with horseradish and capers.
    Salmon salad with leftover salmon, lemon and capers.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 95% veg, so my sandwiches are veggie heavy. I'll make a big batch of flattened baked falafels and layer a few of those with cucumber, spinach, tomato, and pickles with tahini dressing, always on whole wheat bread. Alternatively I'll mash up a can of garbanzos with an avocado, some lemon, and spices (coriander, cumin, red chile...) and layer that with the same veggies. Nom.

Of course, you can't go wrong with a BLT made with quality thick cut bacon... oh man.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WW English muffin, turkey breast, a few dried cherries or cranberries, and Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    I'm 95% veg, so my sandwiches are veggie heavy. I'll make a big batch of flattened baked falafels and layer a few of those with cucumber, spinach, tomato, and pickles with tahini dressing, always on whole wheat bread. Alternatively I'll mash up a can of garbanzos with an avocado, some lemon, and spices (coriander, cumin, red chile...) and layer that with the same veggies. Nom.

Of course, you can't go wrong with a BLT made with quality thick cut bacon... oh man.

Baked falafel? I never thought of that!! I will have to give it a shot
  • Hrl1993
    Options

Ive been wanting to try those!!!

I've been enjoying this combo: Turkey or ham, reduced fat whipped cream cheese, red onion, and tomato and hot sauce. :)

Somehow I missed the word "cheese" in there and I'm sitting here like .... :noway: