When you are working out and feel like giving up.......

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer to be tired from working out or be tired from never ending battle with hypertension & diabetes?
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    I say to myself.....You deserve to look like the person you feel inside...now get your *kitten* movin'! I don't have a problem when working out, because I get a ultimate high from it...I take all my frustration to the gym...and well since beating people is a crime....working out is the next best thing to elminate the stress. LOL!
    Food is my problem... : (
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    "excuses can go to h***"
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I say angrily: "Come on you can't quit! What are you weak?! Fat *kitten*. You want to be hot right?!"

LOL It works for me.
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    I think about what the people around me would think if I gave up too soon. I know thats silly, but i would rather they think "dang, she's working hard for what she wants" than them say, "figures, bet that fatty is tired"
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    F-it, if the guy/gal in the front of the class can do it, so can I!!!

Then I practice, practice, practice, & if the issue is/was strength and/or endurance, I train, train, train!

Some times it sucks. But once things start working, it's like a house of cards or a row of dominoes. One success leads to another and another. Next thing you know, your leading the warm ups and the new people are coming to you for help and guidance. That's when it starts to feel that the effort has been worthwhile!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I always talk myself outof giving up when I feel I am exhausted! I just say " you will feel so guilty for not doing it, but never guilty about actually doing it!"
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "Go hard or go home"....and going home is not really an option lol
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    no pain no gain....how I have to fight to lose all this weight I gained...how I did not gain overnight and it won't ever get easier so either keep getting fatter or work to lose...those are a few things I think of! LOL
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that God deserve a healthy temple.

OH YES HE DOES:bigsmile:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I went through 3 days of labour, I can do this.
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sweat like a pig, look like a fox! Over and over again in my head.

^^^ Like! Can identify with this!
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i bully myself, constantly talk to myself, this is usually through Spartacus or spin/football, during weights i mentally envisage doing the reps first or during rest period then give my self a pep talk just before i lift this really helps
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I first started running, going up big hills I used to chant to myself "EASY MONEY!!!!!" Not sure why, but it worked.

When I'm lifting, I just focus on getting through the set, not thinking about the workout on the whole, that gets me impatient. I just tell myself to focus on what I'm doing. Don't zone out, MAKE IT COUNT!! No point in wasting time in the gym twiddling your thumbs, gotta DO WORK to SEE RESULTS! :bigsmile:

ETA: I like listening to Shinedown's "Bully" when I'm lifting. I imagine that the set or the bar or whatever obstacle I have to overpower during the set is a big mean bully whose *kitten* I need to beat down. Gets me every time!
  • ClintonnIsBlessed
    Options
    I tell myself that God deserve a healthy temple. That's the best answer right there!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    In my head I chant "suck it up buttercup" in time with my bike cadence.

Also, if I have a goal, I make every effort to strand myself as far away from home as possible so I have no choice.

I also tend to punish myself and choose a harder route if I start off poorly.

I'm a freak though.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i flip my ipod to "till i collapse" by eminem or something from the falling in reverse album "the drug in me is you" and tell myself not to be a "fat pu$$y"

yup, that's me
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Step it up, fatboy! That belly ain't going to dematerialize all by itself.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I went through 3 days of labour, I can do this.

Oh yes. I need to pull the labor card out of my back pocket. THAT is some super empowering hard work. (for me anyway!)
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I heard this once so I use it "Pro athletes don't like to workout but they do it because they know they have too" This always puts it in perspective for me.