Baked potato toppings!

Options
Numptcakes
Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
I'm desperate for the FATTEST baked potato for dinner tomorrow and I'm on the scrounge for awesome toppings. Low calorie is always good but healthy is more important! Care to share?

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, shredded cheese, bacon bits, crushed up garlic croutons, more bacon, pico de gallo, bits of ham, bits of browned beef, barbecue chicken, beans, diced onion, diced green onion/chives, sour cream, cottage cheese, more bacon.....
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think you had enough bacon in there, Aurie!

Seriously, just one person eats jacket spuds?
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do it with some sour cream, cheese, home made coleslaw and some crumbled bacon (not low cal LOL!) or if you have meat sauce (pasta sauce) or meat chilli, with a little cheese, or sour cream (or both) or some cheese, sour cream and mixed salad and veg (yes there is a theme here!) like grated carrots, cucumber, corn etc. Or I will do like a light chicken curry blend, shredded cooked cold chicken, chopped celery, chopped onion, grated green apple, chives or other onion and a little sour cream, curry powder and a drop of honey all mixed together and a big scoop on top, or you can do a similar mix with tuna, celery corn kernels onion and a little mayo and/or sour cream to bind it, Obviously I think sour cream and photoed go hand in hand, but you could probably find a lighter version.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    roasted garlic, sour cream, and butter.

doesn't need anything else for me.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    a homemade bolognese sauce, and some cheese?
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I usually have them as a veg, with a casserole or chilli - chilli's good
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I go for good ol' faithful - cheesy beans.
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    Options
    Plain non-fat greek yogurt is an EXCELLENT sour cream replacement. It also adds some zest. A lot of people go for broccoli, but grilled or baked zucchini and crookneck squash go well too! Cauliflower is great and veggie bacon crumbles up very nicely. low fat baked beans are a nice additive as well and a little goes a long way in flavor. A good idea would also be forgo the russet and choose waxy potatoes like reds and yellows. Those are more complex carbs. Laughing cow cheese also mashes in nicely! If you like seafood, add some chopped shrimp or bay scallops (70 calories a serving). Dill weed gives a good flavor or if you want to go a little creole, get some crab and crawfish boil seasoning. Yummy!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a plain baked potato with broccoli from Wendy's right now. I also like salsa....
  • kerrieberry1
    Options
    I find a small amount of freshly grated Parmesan alone on a potato can be nice or shredded chicken with cucumber, greek yogurt and a pinch of celery salt works