Mental health and weight loss

Options
Two years ago I was diagnosed as being bipolar. Since then I have had a hard time losing weight because of the medications. I am looking for others that are in a similar boat that would be interested in beings friends. I could really use the motivation and support to keep going. Thanks!!

Replies

• SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not bipolar but I have major depressive disorder and the two medications I'm on both cause weight loss. I feel like I have to choose being fat and happy or unstable and skinny.
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    Ive only been the size i am now mostly through my medications. i really believe that. Before all the pills i was always 120lbs or less. But i'd rather be a bit more meaty without the sadness and other stuff ;)
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    as i have mentioned on other parts of the sight i have been dx bipolar for many many years. (goodness almost 20!) and i have watched my wieght climb higher and higher. i was told that medications caused would cause 20-30 pounds but depressive eating compounded with many many pills meant that i gained over a hundred pounds in the 17 years since dx. i am desperate to lose them but know that it is going to take extra work. more physical activity and less depressive eating. thankfully i will be seeing a psycotherapist in my new wieght loss plan that will try to adress the behavioural issues behind my eating as well as a dietician and personal trainer. it is expensive but worth it.