Motivation thoughout workout

Options
What do you do to keep yourself motivated (or entertained) during your workout? When I'm doing a DVD or something with a lot of different movements, I'm fine. When I am on the elliptical or running, my mind isn't have to think about what I need to do with my body next and it starts wandering off to "how much longer", "how many minutes have I been going", etc?

So what keeps you moving?

Replies

• kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    What I do is make a playlist roughly as long as I want to work out for. So I'll make a 45minute playlist, and then cover the time on the machine with my little towel and I won't stop until the playlist is over.
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yeah, this can definitely be hard - especially if you are on a cardio machine. sometimes i just keep cycling through the different stats on the machine (i.e. every minute i switch the view from calories burned to total miles). running outside is definitely better for not staying bored.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I take my phone and headsets with me, and I cut my Pandora on. I even close my eyes and I am in my own world.:smile:
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I like to watch TV, I choose a show that I really like so I am paying attention to the show, not how much more I have to go!
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always have music on my phone/iPod that shuffles so I never know what I'm going to get. Alternatively, the gym I go to has lots of TVs going with different stations so I can tune into several shows while I work out. I've seen people who read a book or magazine (one lady uses her Kindle) but I find a hard time focusing enough on what I'm reading to do that.

Oh, and one thing I do when I'm on a cardio machine is to cover the display with my hand towel so that I can't see how many more minutes/miles/ hills (etc....) are left, that helps me for some reason, maybe because I can't obsess over it, I'm not sure.