am I sabatoging my success

Options
As I mentioned in another thread, I haven't had any progress since I started working out for almost a month or since I started MFP for 3 weeks now. Some suggested that I should eat "clean",drink more water , include more fruits and veggies which are all valid suggestions. My question is that I tend to splurge on the weekends and not track cals so could this be why I haven't seen results yet also? does splurging on the weekends contradict all the hard work that i put in during the week???? Thanks in advance for your responses:)

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you aren't having success, I'd start tracking everything.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I would track everything you are eating. Although you are doing well during the week, you may overdo on the weekends. I would try it and see if tracking it makes any difference. It can't hurt! :)
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Depends on how much of a "splurge" you do...but..yes I think it could ruin the entire week.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Start tracking your splurges and see how many calories you're eating, its really the only way to know how much damage you're doing.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do some splurging on the weekend but only about 1 or 2 meals and I always exercise on a day I know i will splurge.
  • cornlady
    cornlady Posts: 15
    Options
    I didnt see any results the first couple of weeks, until I added more workouts and less snacking. Those splurges are working against you. Get all the bad food out of the house so you wont be tempted. Good luck
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I always tracked calories on the weekend but seemed to eat differently. My rest day was always sunday. I finally switched my rest day to monday and still work out on sunday, it has helped keep the "weekend" gain away.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not getting enough calories or protein. Your body can be in starvation mode and storing everything. I couldn't see your exercise diary, but if you are wanting to tone, you have to get enough protein.
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not getting enough calories or protein. Your body can be in starvation mode and storing everything. I couldn't see your exercise diary, but if you are wanting to tone, you have to get enough protein.

The OP is splurging on the weekends... how would that be "starvation mode"....