healthy shopping guide

Options
does anyone know where i can get a shopping list of healthy foods that is already mad?

Replies

• proudmom
    proudmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    does anyone know where i can get a shopping list of healthy foods that is already mad?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There's a great magazine I like called "Clean Eating". Each issue comes with a month of recipes and menus complete with a shopping list.

Here are some guidelines, though. . .lifted from a hundred places, but heavily influenced by the book "In Defense of Eating" by Michael Pollan.

Shop the perimeter of the supermarket, not the centre aisles. Stay in the produce section, lowfat dairy and meats. Stay away (at all costs) from prepared foods, what Pollan calls "anything that your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food". It seems crazy, but the main thing is to just eat "Food", not processed things that are full of refined carbs, sugars and empty calories.

Ah, just my opinionated help. . .

:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    V - that was helpful. You have GOOD opinions, IMHO. I'm checking out that magazine, "Clean Eating", Ms.Dime-bouncer. :laugh:

~Cheryl
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    V - that was helpful. You have GOOD opinions, IMHO. I'm checking out that magazine, "Clean Eating", Ms.Dime-bouncer. :laugh:

~Cheryl
    touchas! (sorry, inside joke. . .:tongue: )
  • proudmom
    proudmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thanks that helps a lot
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl's website (hungrygirl.com ?? ) had a downloadable PDF that is like 5 pgs long.

take a looksie
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

~Cheryl
    touchas! (sorry, inside joke. . .:tongue: )

tee hee. bounce that ten cent off that touchas, girl. :tongue: