need low cal low fat recipes for dinner! :)

nicoledenyse
nicoledenyse Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Recipes
I need some low cal low fat recipes for dinner that even my husband would enjoy!

Replies

• clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    have you tried eatingwell.com? I've been using that lately and there are tons of great recipes out there, and they always include the nutritional info as well. =)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    I have a husband who could eat anything (and does) without gaining a pound, so I've had to learn to make 'healthy' alternatives to traditionally unhealthy meals.

We have hamburgers (97/3 meat) and I pile on the veggies and only use one slice of bread. When we make tacos or spaghetti sauce, its with ground turkey instead of beef. We also have a bbq ribs night and a seafood night, where we have smoked salmon or grilled fish.

I'm carb restricted, so sides are generally roasted veggies, sweet potato fries, green beans, broccoli etc. I also try to throw high nutrient veggies into regular meals, such as substituting lettuce in a taco or hamburger for baby spinach.

Also, experiment with Ms Dash - it has some excellent flavors. I love Garlic & Herb on skinless, boneless chicken and roasted vegetables. Thats actually my husbands favorite meal and definitely the lowest in cals.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • skinless boneless chicken breasts
    seasoned bread crumbs
    dijon mustard
    olive oil spray

butterfly cut the chicken breasts
    brush with dijon
    coat in bread crumbs
    spray with olive oil

Cook in a 450 oven for 10 to 15 minutes, delicious
    Serve with veggie side dishes of your choice
  • thanks guys! got some great ideas!! :):smile:
  • Samreay
    Samreay Posts: 2 Member
    I love stir fry. I take boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut it up into bite size pieces. I then make a marinade with soysauce, ground ginger, and a little brown sugar. I eyeball it but I'm guessing it's about 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 tsp ginger, and 1 tbls brown sugar.
    I put it into the chicken and let it marinate while I chop all my favorite veggies. Brocolli, calliflower, carrots, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
    I heat a wok or large skillet and dump chicken and all the marinade into the pan and cook the chicken all the way through ( it won't take the veggies long) then add the veggies until heated. ( I like my veggies a little crisp still)
    If the marinade is to thin I thicken it up with cornstarch and it coats everything nicely.
    I like to serve it over brown rice and I always make extra for easy lunches all week.
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for sharing this website. I just looked at it and it looks like it will solve my T-giving woes (in terms of staying on track & eating well).
  • SoonCee
    SoonCee Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for sharing this link! It does have some great recipes.....I can't believe you have lost 125 pds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw your photo's & you look beautiful...I also like your Isa. quote ;)
This discussion has been closed.