A better breakfast idea?!?!?!

Options
So I've been drinking the Special K Protein Shakes every morning for the past week...and now, I'm going to have to quit. I breastfeed my 3 month old daughter and it's causing a lot of reflux. These shakes really save me from going for the giant blueberry muffin in the morning... Is there something else that I can just grab in the morning that will hold me over for a while that isn't going to crash and burn my calorie count? I eat the majority of my calories during lunch which seems to work best for me so I try to keep breakfast fairly light since a heavy one makes me nauseous... Any ideas?

Replies

• DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love english muffins with either some peanut butter, fruit, or cottage cheese on the side. I never add butter btw. To me it is empty calories.

Careful which english muffin you choose, some are very high in sodium.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of oatmeal when I was nursing. You could try that with blueberries.

I also drank quite a few green smoothies.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    boil a whole bunch of eggs at the beginning of the week, then each morning you can grab two of them :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Do you think a protein bar would have the same effect? Pure Protein bars are lower in sugars than the Special K drinks, I believe. Not sure what's causing the reflux...
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What about an up and go?
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, two egg whites, lean ground Turkey or some other lean meat, scrambled. Add salsa or some other sauce (or just salt and pepper) and you'll be full without that nasty insulin crash that makes you so hungry. You can cook it up in advance, too, and just nuke it for twenty seconds. With four ounces of lean turkey, it's under 400 calories, and keeps me full for hours.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, two egg whites, lean ground Turkey or some other lean meat, scrambled. Add salsa or some other sauce (or just salt and pepper) and you'll be full without that nasty insulin crash that makes you so hungry. You can cook it up in advance, too, and just nuke it for twenty seconds. With four ounces of lean turkey, it's under 400 calories, and keeps me full for hours.

That sounds good,
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes? Smoothies you make in the blender? Apple juice, plain or vanilla greek yogurt, spinach and whatever fresh and frozen fruit you like. I usually have a whole wheat waffle with a serving of peanut butter on it or toast an english muffin, add some slices of turkey lunch meat and a slice of cheese of your choice. It is good, has protein and keeps me feeling full till lunch.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my breakfasts:

Quinoa with rice milk (almond, milk, whatever you use) and eat it like oatmeal! SO GOOD! And full of protein! I make mine for the week. I add crushed raw nuts and also craisins for natural sugar! DELISH! I have a pic of it in my blog! :D

Green Smoothies! Too many recipes to write, but so good and full of energy!

Make your own granola!

Fresh fruits!

Gluten Free Bread and Natural Peanut Butter! YUM! Or Avocado!

Eggs ranchero bowl (Although I don't really eat eggs anymore) 2 egg white, 1 egg scrambled, add skim mozz cheese, soy bacos, black beans, onions, mushrooms, red peppers, cilantro and then top with cold avocado and tomatoes! YUM!

Steel Cut Oats

Cinnamon Couscous

Centurion Salad