Looking for friends/ workout buddies

I have been on the site a while, however have finally started to use it more seriously. Since January I have lost 20 pounds , however I still have 23 to go to reach my initial goal. I am looking for people to chat with, share ideas , possibly meet for workouts with etc.

Currently I workout with a trainer 2x a week and have just joined the running room in an attempt to be able to run a 5k as a promise to a friend in October , however hopefully by the end of August I will run my first.

Tell me a little about your story, Ideas, etc and of course how about a favorite recepie....:)

Replies

• mona561
    mona561 Posts: 2 Member
    My story? Okay!
    I quit smoking in 2009 and replaced it with running. I developed a love of it, and lost 15 lbs doing so. Then I became pregnant the next year, and slowly backed off of running and eventually off of exercise... bad idea! I gained 46 lbs while pregnant, and I felt terrible after my son Phoenix was born! I tried walking, Salsa Babies, EA ACTIVE for WII... but I was not dilligent in my eating habits. I eat healthily, lots of fruits and veggies.... great amounts of protein... but due to my PCOS, any carbs I take in don't process properly and mostly turn to fat for me... and I was not watching my sugar intake- even natural from fruits.

So a close friend, who was also a new mom- ahead of me by 8 days- introduced me to MFP and even though I have only lost 10 lb and 3 inches, I feel more in control- I can make better food choices and fit in an extra 10 minutes of exercise when I want. I also joined a Learn To Run Clinic run by the Chiropractor in my smalltown, to ease myself back into running and learn some new tips and tricks along the way. It's been great! we started off struggling to run 2 minutes and walk 1 minute.... 9 weeks later I'm running 30 minutes with a 1 minute walk in between! I myself plan to do a few races, but I need to get my ingrown toenail surgery done and over with first. :-( I've put it off for too long.

Phoenix turns 1 next month... I still need to lose 30 lb to get back to where I was before I was pregnant, 50 for my ultimate goal...such a long way away! But- my sister and I just started JM's 30DS today too... sweaty and painful but I hope I see resultsssss!

Sorry if I'm boring you! Anyways. That's me. Attempting to get fit, eat more healthily, and have fun with it all!

oh- recipe? Drink a chia fresca in the morning- chia seeds have similar properties to flax seed, giving you high protein and lots of omega 3s and 6s'. 1 cup water, 1-2 tablespoons of ground chia seed, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, sweeten to taste with whatever you use (sweetener, sugar, agave. honey...) Or I sometimes do 0.5 cup water and 0.5 cup of juice. SOOO GOOD- and good for you! It's like a daily detox and protein boost all in one!
    p.s. keep hydrated. chia seeds expand to up to 10 times their weight into a gel like substance, demanding hydration. keep well hydrated throughout the day while using chia seeds.

<3