HELP! I am constantly hungry.

Options
I have issues not over-snacking because it seems like I'm always hungry. What are some tricks to curb my appetite (aside from drinking lots of water which I already do)?

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary for us we can see what you are consuming. If you are always hungry throughout the day, that may be a sign you aren't supplying your body with enough calories and macros to get you through the day.
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Part of it is conditioning yourself to only eat at regular meal times, if you snack all the time you are conditioning yourself to be always ready for food. Very low calorie vegetables are great to add to meals to get you fuller when you eat. I also try to stay so busy that I stop thinking about it between meals.
  • SEishen
    SEishen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My current favorite snack is sugar snap peas and mini sweet bell peppers. Very low calorie, very nutritious, no guilt.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eat meat. It is more satiety, or whatever that word is.
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    Eat protein and healthy fats early in the day... Stay away from processed carbs (breads, pastas, white rice as well)... When I eat carbs like those, they spike my blood sugar and make me hungry within about an hour of eating them.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Try adding fiber. Open your food diary and people could see where the problem is maybe
  • AbzRocks
    AbzRocks Posts: 45
    Options
    I notice parts of the day where I am busy I don't snack at all but when I'm not doing anything I start to feel really hungry.
  • rore62
    rore62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that's always hungry! lol I work at home, so everything is always accessible, I like to eat something small about evert 2 hours. I eat a piece of fruit, a piece of low fat sting cheese or a protein bar-you know something that's between 50-200 calories. At the main meal of the day, I eat something that is low in calories and high in satisfaction, like pasta with marinara sauce or tilapia with brown rice. I suggest just keeping foods handy that you love and that are low in calories :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Almost every time someone posts this question (which is about once a day) the reason is simple - not eating enough!

Are you eating enough nutritious food? If the answer is no, then eat more.

If the answer is yes, then experiment with what you eat and when you eat to see what makes you feel good. There isn't one "right" way or time to eat for everyone, you need to work out which is best for your body and your lifestyle.
    As an example - most people say that eating more protein keeps them full - but not for me. I need some carbs alongside my protein to stay full. That's just me, you might be different, but you won't know until you try some different things.
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your protein intake at about 100 grams a day Light string cheese, Cottage Cheese, Carrots, bell peppers, Saltine Crackers, fruits in the morning. These are a few things I eat for my "snack" I try to eat every 2-3 hours. Breakfast-Snack-Lunch-Snack-Dinner-Snack (last snack only if I'm hungry). Try eating more protein.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Eat food high in fiber...eat no processed foods, you can eat alot more for less calories!!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    eat small portions frequently
  • dooberrywotsit7
    Options
    Only started yesterday and could have eaten my own are off by the end of the day!! even after eating a supper i had to go to bed early as i was in danger of raiding the cupboards!!!!! Good luck to you and im hoping today will be better! x