What can I do with a Wii fit?

Options
Hey guys, just wondering if it's worthwhile getting a wii fit package. If you have one what types of activities can you do on it? Did you find it useful? I'm just starting out and going from 0 exercise.

Thanks!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just wondering if it's worthwhile getting a wii fit package. If you have one what types of activities can you do on it? Did you find it useful? I'm just starting out and going from 0 exercise.
    The weight tracking and goal setting is useful in itself. There are simple exercise routines but they may become a bit boring after a while. Certainly worth a go.

EA Sports Wii Active is a more workout focussed game for the Wii, not sure it's still available but was only a few quid.
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hiya

the wii fit programme has some good workout on there

jogging
    boxing
    balance
    some generic exercises

the tennis is good on the sports and the football headering game which requires movement control and hips get good movement
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had jillian michaels fitness ultimatum on Wii - use with the balance board. I found it better than the wii personally. Sadly my Wii was adopted by my son...and was never to be seen again (it lurks somewhere in his room I'm sure...)
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I bought a wii fit about a year ago and havent really used it that much. I lack motivation when im at home. I prefer going to the gym.

EA Sports Active 2 is a good workout though, as well as Zumba.
  • Pinknspooky
    Pinknspooky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    get the wii fit plus as it has more activities than the original wii fit including the step class while you watch normal tv - it is great for getting you up and started especially if you aren't confident about exercising in public.

Plus once you have the board you can get other fitness related titles to build on as you get more mobile and active
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think if you are just starting out, wii fit is good. For me, I don't burn enough calories, however I will do it time to time when I don't feel like going to the gym, but still want some exercise. You can get it pretty cheap now. I got it when it first came out so it was a little expensive. I prefer going to the gym though, less distractions.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    recommend it for just starting out. love the step exercise, and boxing. Yoga is good too.

After a while you will get bored, and start looking for other games.. but if this is you starting from 0 exercise, then it will last a good while and help allot with making the start fun :)

best of luck

:flowerforyou:
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    jogging on wii and step,boxing
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit but don't use it much now I have EA Sports Active on the Wii as I find that is more of a workout for me.

There are loads of fitness games you can buy for the Wii it all depends on what kind of fitness/exercise you are looking at doing.

Stacey x
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    P.S There is a Wii Fitness group on here you can join too for more information etc x
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    When starting from zero, wii fit plus is excellent. I still like doing the yoga and muscle training, even though I don't do the balance and aerobic exercises any more.
  • cksmummy
    cksmummy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps guys, sounds like it might be a good option to start with. Haven't done any real exercise for about 10 yrs!!! Appreciate your help!
  • jml7403
    jml7403 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit! Even if I don't use the exercise, I weigh myself on it several times a week, just so it will record it for me. If I get discouraged, I go to the graph to see how far I have come the last few months! Well worth the money. I also have Zumba for my Wii. Love that too!