Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello- 53 y.o with 70# to lose...

tishad58
tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
Hello,
I joined MFP yesterday at the suggestion of a friend who has been successful using the tools and support on this site. I could use some friends and support in my journey and would be happy to support others in their journey as well. :flowerforyou:
Thanks so much,
Tisha

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Hi Tisha

I'm 52 years old, and I'm down 77 pounds with another 30 to 50 to go. It's not a complicated process, but it's not easy sometimes. Find what works for you, and take most diet advice with a big 'ol grain of salt.
  • tishad58
    Wow wow on being 77 pounds down! Good job! And I hear you about the grain of salt! I think my biggest need is- get moving! :bigsmile: I feel so motivated just hearing about the success other people have had!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Hi!

I'm 52yrs old.....go ahead and ad me as a friend. Not as high of a goal as you,
    but us old gals gotta stick together!

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • tishad58
    Thanks so much- friending you now!
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi - I am 58. I currently have lost 15 pounds since joining mfp. Would love to have support and give it. Looking to lose another 40+ pounds.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Hi...Welcome! I'm here to say you can do this. I turned 50 this year and promised my self I would get the weight off and keep trying until I found something that worked for me, and I could live with!! I have....and now I have hit my goal...and even a little lower then it now.

Feel free to add me if you want support!
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Sending a friend request. I'm 43 and love to give/get support on MFP.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    I am also 53 and am trying to lose 75 pounds, So far this site has been a great help. You can add me if you like.
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Another "old gal" here ....... :happy: