Crying out for motivation!

Options
Hi!
I'm new to MyFitnessPal and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself!
After 4 stone weightloss - the last 10 months I have hit "the wall" and barely lost another pound!

I am trying to eat healthy food, but working in central London involves temptation - Starbucks is the devil! :(

Motivation needed!

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember, its a long term, life long journey. There will be ups and downs, you just gotta keep putting yourself out there. You have already shown great determination and commitment!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    4 stone lost is FANTASTIC! try and focus on how well you've done...and keep on going! it will start to come off again, even if its a bit slower :)
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    I'm not sure what a stone is? Lol But would love to be your support friend.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what a stone is? Lol But would love to be your support friend.

The queen of England once picked up a stone and said "From this day forward, everyone in this great land shall use this stone as the standard of measturement!" Everyone was quite confused. The stone weighted like 14 pounds. "Why such a random unit of measurement my lady? Europeans are supposed to be known for logical units, hence the metric system." "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!" screamed the queen. Everyone then followed in using some random *kitten* stone as a unit of measurement. The end.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far! It isn't unusual to plateau when you're trying to lose weight. MFP is a great start to keep track of where your problem areas are, calorie-wise. I'd be happy to help keep you motivated!

I agree, by the way, Starbucks IS the devil!!! I gained 40 pounds after they built one in my hometown. Doesn't help when I go to the grocery to purchase healthy food, and I'm faced with my Nemesis Starbucks as soon as I walk through the door!!

Good luck on your weightloss journey!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Four stones is fantastic. If you can lose that much a silly little wall should present no problem for you at all. You are a super-hero.... Just blast through it and give Starbucks the finger.
  • SSSLLLX3
    SSSLLLX3 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! Don't give up! You've done AMAZING so far. It's not easy to feel motivated all the time, but that's what MFP is for :) Add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other :)
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes - give starbucks the finger, I agree. You will also save yourself loads of money each month and precious minutes queing up for coffee.

Make your own lovely coffee and bring in one of those cups, or do you have option of making at work?

Don't give up - this is a long term thing, think of how you will look and feel come Christmas and New Year, the new clothes, the confidence at parties etc.

Starbuck's and all those other temptations are not better than that. :)
  • madeleinedun11
    Options
    Hi!

Wow so overwhelmed that everyone is so supportive and working hard too!
    Thanks for the compliments and after seeing how well you're all doing on here we should all be very proud!

And anna is right - starbucks is the DEVIL especially their "Healthy Breakfast Yoghurt" that I adore...and mindlessly ignored the fact they make it with CREAM!! I was distraught i've been eating it for breakfast daily!

Thanks again I feel motivated already!

The "Stone" measurement explaination is great really made me smile - how simple and silly the world used to be! I don't do kg's... they confuse me!

x
  • madeleinedun11
    Options
    129lbs! AMAZING! Fantastic - I really can't wait to get the weightloss number up too thanks for the encouragement! xx
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!!
  • evademers
    evademers Posts: 55
    Options
    i am not sure what a stone is either but would love to have you on my friends!