Insanity Plyometric Cardio

Options
Hi guys, well im on week 3 of Insanity and I have just done the plyometric circuit. Is there anyone else that just cannot do the level 1 drills and the ski jumps in and out when in the plank position? I can do about 3 push ups and then my arms refuse to work and I really struggle to carry on and do the rest of the set. Is it just me? I really want to push on but my arms wont let me.... :-(

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    ....... and that is precisely why you should keep going. You just do the best you can. You will improve. Promise. ;)
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think the point is to do what you can and eventually you will get there. You are definetly not alone. The people in the program are in top notch shape and they also have a hard time. As long as you stick to it 40-60 min day you will see results.

I did Plyo today and i was able to keep up for about 1.5 reps of the exercise (I struggled a bit at the end of rep 2 and 3rd rep I had to do at my pace). High knees are my weekness in level 1 drills (Im assuming you mean the warmup)

For pushups I still have to do the girly ones with stomach down and *kitten* down. First week I could only do a few pushups. Second time today I could do most of the "girly" pushups.

Hope this helps.
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason why these Beachbody coaches are idiots.

A couple commonly accepted tests of muscular strength should be administered prior to engaging in a plyometric exercise program. Traditionally, athletes in conditioning programs are required to do a 1 RM back squat to parallel position. They are classified as ready for plyometric training if their 1 RM is 1.5 to 2 times their body weight

When beginning a plyometric program, the volume and intensity should be low. ...

Once the volume peaks, the intensity will need to be increased to ensure consistent progressive overload is applied. However, with increased intensity, the volume will need to decrease. During a training session, after a specific warm-up, the plyometric program should be completed early in the program to decrease risk of injury due to muscular fatigue and incorrect technique.

http://www.ncsf.org/enew/articles/articles-plyometrictraining.aspx

irst and most important, the proper strength base must be developed to support the increased force production that results from the stretch reflex. Remember that the reflex involved in plyometric training allows you to contract your muscles with greater force then you could through a voluntary contraction. Therefore, we must make sure that the musculature can support this increased force production.

This type of training, especially when done at a very high intensity, is a high-risk endeavor (i.e. high returns but at high risk). Like any other high-risk maneuver, high intensity plyometrics should not designed or performed without the supervision of a professional overseeing the training, and response, to the exercise protocol.

http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PBOnePieceView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10751&languageId=-1&pagename=58

Anyone who prescribes plyos for fat loss has no business designing programs.
  • Helllo123456
    Options
    me too, I thought I was the only one. By the time you get to level 1 drills and ski jumps etc... My body is just too burned out to keep pushing even though I manage to get 1 or 2 in its just annoying that I cant go all the way
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I remember the first day I made it through the warmup with out stopping! was something special lol. ski jumpers always killed me though
  • siliisobel
    siliisobel Posts: 49
    Options
    Wow, glad its not just me then. I will just have to keep trying. I WILL DO IT..........ONE DAY...............MAYBE :-)
  • siliisobel
    siliisobel Posts: 49
    Options
    Yet another reason why these Beachbody coaches are idiots.

A couple commonly accepted tests of muscular strength should be administered prior to engaging in a plyometric exercise program. Traditionally, athletes in conditioning programs are required to do a 1 RM back squat to parallel position. They are classified as ready for plyometric training if their 1 RM is 1.5 to 2 times their body weight

When beginning a plyometric program, the volume and intensity should be low. ...

Once the volume peaks, the intensity will need to be increased to ensure consistent progressive overload is applied. However, with increased intensity, the volume will need to decrease. During a training session, after a specific warm-up, the plyometric program should be completed early in the program to decrease risk of injury due to muscular fatigue and incorrect technique.

http://www.ncsf.org/enew/articles/articles-plyometrictraining.aspx

irst and most important, the proper strength base must be developed to support the increased force production that results from the stretch reflex. Remember that the reflex involved in plyometric training allows you to contract your muscles with greater force then you could through a voluntary contraction. Therefore, we must make sure that the musculature can support this increased force production.

This type of training, especially when done at a very high intensity, is a high-risk endeavor (i.e. high returns but at high risk). Like any other high-risk maneuver, high intensity plyometrics should not designed or performed without the supervision of a professional overseeing the training, and response, to the exercise protocol.

http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PBOnePieceView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10751&languageId=-1&pagename=58

Anyone who prescribes plyos for fat loss has no business designing programs.

No wonder I cant do it :huh: Thank you for this LesterBlackst!
  • Wifeyg95
    Wifeyg95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just about get past the warm ups, lol But it is fun have not got past the bit where they are doing the stretches. I like doing hip hop abs