Hoping to start a new chapter but need some help

Options
HI Guys,

In the last 6 years I've put on 6 stone in weight and after realising that I haven't actually been able to look in a mirror in the last 3 months I've finally decided to try and do something about it.

Having been a serial solo dieter in the past couple of years I'm hoping to find some friends and support to not go through this journey alone, and then maybe we can all start that new chapter together?

I'm in London, UK and looking for anyone who is at the start of their journey and, like me, could do with having their hand held as they take that leap.

Daisy

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

You can add me if you like - I've been on here for nine weeks now and started off with 100lbs to lose. I'm also in the uk and on everyday.

Good luck with the weightloss ( I know what you mean by not looking in the mirror)
  • Clementina_D
    Options
    Thanks so much :smile:

I had to go on an Ikea trip recently and the it was possibly the most painful 5 minutes of my life. I almost contemplated doing an SAS assault course crawl across the floor so that I didn't have to face myself in the avenue of mirrors!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's simple but hard. Just follow the MFP recommendations, track food intake and exercise.
    All Will Be Possible for YOU!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish, Im supportive and never judge anyone,

Welcome & good luck
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy, I'm in London too, and have found this site really helpful. You're more than welcome to add me, but I should warn you that I'm not going to be around much for the next week, but after that I will be back to logging on & logging food & exercise every day.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mariaisgettingfit
    Options
    I've been here a couple of weeks now, but I was doing it on my own for a few months. I'm from Lancashire and would love to support you! I'm online every day :)
  • Clementina_D
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much guys.

There I was sitting on my sofa thinking I was pitching to the ether and suddenly there you all are.

I sometimes find it incredible that there are so many people out there with their own personal weight issues - whether it's a few pounds or a few hundred pounds - but I'm sure we all feel so alone in our challenge (and sometimes pain). I've never felt confident enough, before now, to really open up to asking for help from other people. I guess I expected ridicule. But thank you so much guys.

If this is what day 1 feels like then I'm going to try and lock this away in a bottle to remember when I hit the lower days and need a bit more encouragement.
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Daisy
    I'm originally from London, but now live in France, land of red wine and cheese!!! I really miss London sometimes, so envy you for that. I love MFP, think it's the best and easiest way to lose weight. I log every day if you want to add me. One thing, don't set your goal too hard, it's much easier to stick with it if you have a few more calories to play with. I also have a fitbit which works out how many calories you actually use in a day, quite an eye opener.
    Kathy
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Morning to you.

I'm from Hertordshire... that's in the UK isn't it?!!!!! LOL

I have been on this site since January this year and have lost 50lbs. I just realised one day that enough was enough. I never looked in the mirror fully and avoided having my pics done like the plague!!!

I am keeping to my calories and exercising a lot me and control my portions... it isn't easy, but with sheer hard work and determination it can be done. Losing weight is the hardest thing in the world.. you will only succeed if you really want to do it and do it for the right reasons i.e you do it for you.

The support on here is the best thing of all. We are all in the same boat and friends made here are more often than not far more supportive than family and friends.

Feel free to add me if you want.

Sue
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have found MFP a lifesaver both physically and emotionally. It nice to have others who know what you are going through and can offer support with so many issues. I come on here more than Facebook- most of my friends thinks I'm odd as I want to get healthier and if that means I'm jogging in the rain or going to gym I'm there.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you like....I find the help and encouragement on here is amazing, not sure how I would do it some days without my MFPs :bigsmile:
  • Clementina_D
    Options
    Hi Kathy,

I've got family in France and I know that the hardest thing to think about is maintaining food-dignity surrounded by all that beautiful cheese, wine, fish, bread (I could go on..). I definitely want to learn a little of your will power and motivation.

I've also just invested in a Nike FuelBand to hopefully encourage me to be more active. It's great on the days when I hit my goal and a real shocker on those days when I don't - especially as my goal level isn't that challenging. That's one of the things I'm hoping having a network of friends on MFP will help encourage me to do - get off my bottom and move a bit more. :wink:
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm just outside of London in Surrey. I'm 37lbs down in about 4 months, thanks to this site and log every day :) Feel free to add me :)
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I'm in the USA but always looking for new friends who understand what I am going thru. Just remember this is a journey....it will take some time to get to the end but it will be so worth it! :)
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Heya,

I'm from London too :smile:

I joined MFP last year and my usage has been up and down to say the least! I'm really determined to give it a good go this time around and shed 20lb so please add me - mutual support is a beautiful thing!!

Likewise to any one else in this thread too!
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    I'm from Alabama, I'm not sure the total I want to loose. But I do know, it is 60+ pounds now. PLEASE FREE TO ADD ME, I SUPPORT, NOT JUDGE AND I LOG EVERYDAY. I'VE BEEN ON MFP, A LITTLE OVER A MONTH. IF IT WASN'T FOR PEOPLES SUPPORT ON HERE, I THINK I WOULD HAVE SAID TO HELL WITH IT. BUT I keep going, I'm excited every morning to get up and check on all my friends accomplishments. Again, feel free to add me. I hope your journey here will be a great and successful one.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Prague. Great hair, btw. Lose the weight you want to lose, but keep the hair.. ;-)

Good luck!

--Prahasaurus
  • kaz26uk
    kaz26uk Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi

I'm new too and am hoping to take control of my weight!! I'm from Liverpool and would love some support and people to share the experience with too. Please add me.
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Glad you've found MFP, its a great site and on the whole people are very supportive. On the message boards there are always great motivational posts... and if you've got a problem, someones usually had it too so it makes a great place to find answers.

Feel free to add me, Im only to months in and have around 6 stone still to lose.

Either way, just stick at it, the food diary is a great tool as long as you're honest with yourself.

Good luck, You can do it, stay strong and you will do it!