What are you doing for your mom?

Options
We're taking my mother out this weekend for mother's day to Bob Evan's (have you ever tried to go out the weekend of? It's horrible!

Anyway......They have my favourite salad, the wildfire chicken and ranch salad......it's awesome! But for the salad plus the dressing it will be 1030 cals.......It's huge, so I'll ask them to put away half......then I can eat the whole thing and still not feel guilty......I'm glad mom picked it!

Also my sister and I are going to get here a digital camera....she always uses a disposable camera...This way she can put them on her pc and see them and not have to develop the bad ones.....Also, she's going to FL and....anyway....I hope she'll like it.

I'm 22, but I'm still her baby, and I love my mommy!:bigsmile:

And I'm not embarrassed to call her mommy, sometimes....you know, you only get one.

Replies

• readytomove
    readytomove Posts: 50
    Options
    We're taking my mother out this weekend for mother's day to Bob Evan's (have you ever tried to go out the weekend of? It's horrible!

Anyway......They have my favourite salad, the wildfire chicken and ranch salad......it's awesome! But for the salad plus the dressing it will be 1030 cals.......It's huge, so I'll ask them to put away half......then I can eat the whole thing and still not feel guilty......I'm glad mom picked it!

Also my sister and I are going to get here a digital camera....she always uses a disposable camera...This way she can put them on her pc and see them and not have to develop the bad ones.....Also, she's going to FL and....anyway....I hope she'll like it.

I'm 22, but I'm still her baby, and I love my mommy!:bigsmile:

And I'm not embarrassed to call her mommy, sometimes....you know, you only get one.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    A phone call.

Maybe smoke signals; we'll see how I feel.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    our mothers day is not till the 11 so next weekend
    my mom is just going to get an email as she is in australia im in new zealand and mil well im making simon take her out for lunch thursday before a small lunch as we have our car in the garage being fixed and lets say its put us way out.

me well my plan was for the kids to get me googles and cap for swimming and maybe a nose clip but well might have to get them to make me a voucher for them lol ill use later (its all my money anyway lol)

as we have hubby's work formal coming up in a mth and my daughters birthday a week later so this mth and next is going to be tight and some how i always come through i amaze my hubby every time lol

just call me queen of budgeting lol
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    A phone call.

Same here:flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Flowers! :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Coffees and Teas from Lola Savannah
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    My mum passed away when I was 24 and her birthday always falls near Mothers Day. Every Mother's Day I take time by myself to sit and think of her and all the challenges she faced as a single mum (my dad died when I was baby) and what a good job she did for all of us.... and to say a quiet thank you.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My mum passed away when I was 24 and her birthday always falls near Mothers Day. Every Mother's Day I take time by myself to sit and think of her and all the challenges she faced as a single mum (my dad died when I was baby) and what a good job she did for all of us.... and to say a quiet thank you.

I'm sorry. How sad. My mother has Alzheimers and will not remember that I got her anything. But I will just keep reminding her by asking how her tea is...
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Well , Since I live in Canada and my family lives in Tennessee, Mom will get a phone call. If I still lived back home we'd go out for dinner and shopping. My mom is my hero so mother's day is a happy/sad day cause I miss her badly.

What I'm getting I have no clue :smile: I guess we shall see
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    All I can do is call, since mom is so far away :frown: But mom loves our phone calls so its all good
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    having her sleep over this weekend and doing a big family dinner for her and my mother inlaw and all the sibs on each side....its should be fun....then take the two sexy seniors out shopping so they can pick out some cute things for when we (me, them and my son) do a three gals and a spiderman week up cape cod this May...lol

For all those who's mom's aren't with them big hugs :heart:

hugs!
    Ali
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My mom passed away in 2000 at the age of 50 due to complications from Lupus. So, I will be remembering and honoring her this Mother's Day and her birthday which is May 23. Tough month for sure!!!

Enjoy your mom's everyone!!! And I will enjoy being one. :happy:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    phone call.....mommy dear is away...I havent see her since few month ago...because she is workin in another state....:sad: but we are attached by the phone and we talk everyday.... miss her big time...
    ps. I LOVE my MOMMY.....
    -Last year I made her dinner...
    ~ a simple thank you would make mommy's day~
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I will have my girls make special mothers day cards and mail them to her. She loves that!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    We are hosting a dinner at our house next week Thurs. I'm not sure about a gift, but I will think of something.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    A phone call :cry: My mom lives in Puerto Rico and I am in Texas...:sad:
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Flowers and chocolates :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My mom passed away a number of years ago. But I will call each of my three sisters and wish them a happy Mother's Day. My church is hosting a Mother/Daughter lunch on the 10th so I'm going to that with my daughter and granddaughter. Maybe on Sunday after church my daughter and her family and my son and I can go to Old Country Buffet to eat.
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    This will be my first Mother's Day without my mom as she passed away in June. Just thinking about it , I'm already starting to tear up. :brokenheart: It's going to be a rough day for me. It is also my 17th wedding anniversary so that is something to celebrate. :heart: I will be happy and sad all in the same day.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    uk mothers day was in march i sent my mum a bouquet of spring flowers