aloha

Options
i just joined. i am a 56 year old woman and am wondering if it's too late for me? it seems that my body is breaking down with back and hip problems and so the amount of exercise i can accomplish is questionable. this is very defeating for me :(

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Too old?
    No Way! You have come to the right place.
    Just read up and follow the MFP recommendations; eat lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains, nuts, fruits and veggies.
    Simple!
    Track your diet and exercises - again simple.
    You will do fine - ALL IS POSSIBLE:flowerforyou:
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Never!!!! Old , young, its all the.same.when trying to achieve weight loss. HARD!!! LOL.

Feel free.to add me. You can't have success, if you don't have support. I log everyday.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel, you can still do it. My back keeps me from doing much of anything, and the weight still comes off. Not as fast as if I'd exercise, but it still does. Just don't start in too drastically. Stick to the recommendations this site gives you as far as calories, & the numbers will start going in the right directions. I like this because I can treat it more like a game to try to stay under my calories each day. I find by entering my food before I eat, it helps me make better decisions, most of the time. ; ) Also being able to eat the foods I want, just in moderation, makes this not feel so much like a diet, and it's much easier to stick with long term. Best of luck, & welcome!
  • crazylikeu
    Options
    Swimming is always a good exercise that shouldn´t put to much pressure to your body or water aerobics or any form of exercise that you can do in water pretty much. :)