What's easier to control your food?

Options
Weekdays or weekends?

I feel the weekends are so much harder for me.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Weekends are harder for me as well.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    yea weekends are definitely harder. weekdays are always carefully planned ironically on the weekends so very little scope to make mistakes.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Weekends are always harder and if I go out with fren I am screwed :)
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Weekends are MUCH harder for me! I'm working on changing that though - my long distance running day for marathon training is on Saturdays, so in a few weeks I'll be burning WAY more than I'll be consuming...as long as I can keep Sunday's in check...
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I am a college student and mom, so my "weekends" vs. "weekdays" are not typical, BUT I find it much easier to stay on track when I am at home and not running around to doctor's appointments and classes. I control what kinds of foods are in my house, so it's easier to make better choices. When I'm eating out in town (especially on the run, in a hurry), I get very tempted by all the yummy nutritional garbage available everywhere...
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Weekends are definitely harder unless I've got a full day of stuff out in the real world going on to keep me occupied all day.
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Weekdays or weekends?

I feel the weekends are so much harder for me.

Same here.Weekends are murder on my meal plan. I have -0- structure on the weekends...and we are usually with family who love to purchase chips, cookies, crackers, that tempt me to no end. although, i find it's easier for me to get all my water in on the weekends because I'm not so "focused" on work that I forget to drink.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When i was working the weekends were harder. Now that i'm off for the summer everyday is a weekend. there truely is something to be said about a schedule
  • silviuP
    silviuP Posts: 20
    Options
    weekends because i am mostly gone from home and it`s harder to keep in my macro limit
  • bjf232
    bjf232 Posts: 8
    Options
    Having a schedule is so important for me in maintaining my weight. Without a schedule, I often find so many times when I don't have much to do, and this is always the time when I have a big craving or I am just bored and want to do something enjoyable. I think my biggest challenge is not eating for reasons other than being hungry. Not that you can never do it, just you must be systematic in tracking your calories if you do so
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find the school holidays the worst. During the week in term time I have a routine and can stick to my calories, and at weekends I exercise a lot so it isn't a problem. Weekdays during the holidays are hard because I have the children at home and so can't exercise, and I get hungry.

edit. Though obviously I like having my children home, so it doesn't bother me that much!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    From Friday night to Sunday night my brain thinks it's at a PARTAY!!!! So much harder to control and reason with.

During the week, my brain knows it's work time and does what I tell it to.
  • katies71123
    Options
    Weekends are WAY harder!!
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I make weekends my cheat days! Even though they are cheat days, I still stay within my portion/calorie limit.

Tip: Cheating after hitting the weights is the best time to cheat b/c your body will burn those calories, and not store them as fat!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Week days but I make a cheat meal on the weekend
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Weekends are a horrible test of self-control for me :bigsmile:

I find that I better keep out of the house or I'll find myself making cheesecakes/brownies/gnoshing.

Gravity also seems stronger on weekends, as I find I that it's harder to lift my *kitten* off the couch to go to the gym.