Zombies, Run! I have a stupid question...

Options
I am not a runner... I started C25K but hurt myself and havent gotten started back up again. The Zombies, Run app sounds fun but is it suitable for a beginner? I mean, I KNOW the Zombies wont really get me if I walk but I would like to try it out and follow the game. Also, I live in sort of an "uppity" neighborhood... Are they gonna call the cops on me because I am running around like a crazy person? LOL

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    yes its suitable for a beginner, you can use it as a walking program, essentially all it does is motivate you to get out there and doing something, i downloaded it today and went out straight away, i haven't ran for a few months but i was surprised at how well hearing a zombie behind you and somebody shouting run gets you moving
  • adelong16
    adelong16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love C25K I recomend doing each week twice.It doubles your time but it really is worth it in the end!
  • amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this app after I read your thread. I had never heard of Zombies Run. Is it worth the $8? I run about 20-25 miles a week. Thanks!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I tried the free Zombie, Run! app that has been out for a while but didn't care for it. Am also curious if this new $8 one is any good.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the free one also. If I like it even a little bit I will try the $8 one. I dont want to pay for it and then never use it. I have read a lot of posts and reviews and people seem to like the $8 one. I enjoy running but sometimes find it boring. I thought this app might shake things up a little bit.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    yes its suitable for a beginner, you can use it as a walking program, essentially all it does is motivate you to get out there and doing something, i downloaded it today and went out straight away, i haven't ran for a few months but i was surprised at how well hearing a zombie behind you and somebody shouting run gets you moving

This sounds like exactly what I need!!!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i haven't ran for a few months but i was surprised at how well hearing a zombie behind you and somebody shouting run gets you moving
    Best thing I read all day.
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i haven't ran for a few months but i was surprised at how well hearing a zombie behind you and somebody shouting run gets you moving
    Best thing I read all day.

Agreed!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to this app. I am a total beginner too.... I alternate walking and running, but when I zombie is chasing me I run for my life.

This app actually keeps me motivated to go out and do the mission.... I used to walk only, and would sometimes come up with excuses why I didn't need to go as far or as hard.... but now I can't wait to hear what is going to happen next! I highly recommend it!

And I have the $8 one..
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Oh... I started a Zombies Run group..... looking for more people like me!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of this until now! I despise running with every fibre of my being, but I'm downloading the app as I type and will give it a go this weekend.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    second mission completed this morning, i used to run a lot, i love running but running hates me, i tried the c25k program and was loving it but had to give up at week five due to injury about 3 months ago, haven't done much in the way of exercise since then other than a couple of walks, my running and walking this mission saw me cover 6.12km in 38 mins i never did that sort of distance doing c25k and i feel fab
  • WatchMomRun
    Options
    I'm up to mission 12 and I love it! Very suitable for beginners. I'm not a beginner but I am by no means fast and I've made it this far. Definitely an app worth purchasing!