Acne and exercise?

Options
Before I started exercising I had little to no acne.

Now that I have been exercising 3-5 days a week, I'm pretty much a constant state of mild acne. And it feels like it's getting worse. Anybody have any idea why?
Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven't changed any of my face washing habits or products. Only diet and exercise....which makes it kinda disheartening.

Replies

• castle88
    castle88 Posts: 27
    Options
    I generally think of it as your body getting rid of all the crap! I could be wrong but if I've had an unhealthy stint its not until I start eating healthy again that I start breaking out. I think toxins tend to make their way out thorugh the pores and can get clogged if your dehydrated - which is more likely if your doing exercise. Hopefully this means that after a while your skin will improve, but you could always see a doctor if not?
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    :huh: I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    I generally think of it as your body getting rid of all the crap! I could be wrong but if I've had an unhealthy stint its not until I start eating healthy again that I start breaking out. I think toxins tend to make their way out thorugh the pores and can get clogged if your dehydrated - which is more likely if your doing exercise. Hopefully this means that after a while your skin will improve, but you could always see a doctor if not?

Could be the body pushing all the bad out...but I'm 45 days in now, seems like a long process lol.

It's just getting so annoying, might have to go back on proactive, just wasn't sure if this was like a product of exercising and sweating all the time. Unfair :-/
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    i have the same problem... even tho i started working out 11/10.. smh! i have changed my diet somewhat significantly... but that's been MONTHSSSSSSSSSSSS also :sad:
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me until I changed my diet. In my case i think it was related to sugar and processed food.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    agreed. even when I was going through puberty I never broke out as much as now! mine is all along my forehead and hairline from sweaty workouts... all we can do is shower right after and hope for the best!

(if anyone else has a better plan let me know)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Proactive works really well! I used that for a while. Now I use clearasil rapid action daily face wash twice a day, and it's working just as well, if not better! :)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Proactive works really well! I used that for a while. Now I use clearasil rapid action daily face wash twice a day, and it's working just as well, if not better! :)

I just bought the clearasil face wash, how long did it take for u to see results?
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I jused to use proactive, but now I use cetaphil....works the same. I was breaking out badly because of working out, too. Try it before you go back to the expensive proactive :)
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when i first joined the gym a while back. I started taking cleansing wipes with me to wash my face after my workout. My spots stopped appearing after that. :)
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have limited this problem significantly!
    Use witch hazel after workout and showering. Works great.
    Use dri weave fabric for shirts, anything touching area.
    Diet and sleep help.
    But I haven't mastered controlling my stress, which always shows up on skin.
    Good luck to you!