Thanksgiving Appetizers

Options
cds2327
cds2327 Posts: 439
post your fav low fat, low cal appetizer recipes for the holidays here. drinks too!!

Replies

• greysoal
    greysoal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nutty Baked Squash

1 acorn squash
    2/3 cup cracker crumbs
    1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
    1/3 cup healthy choice butter or another type if preferred
    ¼ t nutmeg
    ¼ t salt
    3 T brown sugar

Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and fibers. Stir together remaining ingredients; spoon ½ of mixture into each half. Bake in ungreased baking dish. Pour water into dish to ¼ inch depth; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 400 Degree F oven for 30-45 minutes.

DELICIOUS RECIPE, very easy and very seasonal :)

(Dietetics major--> learned in one of my classes!)
  • greysoal
    greysoal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another good, low fat recipe thats amazing in the comfort food category :)

Low Fat Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

1 10.5 ounce day-old ounce baguette
    2 cups fat-free half and half
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 cup pure pumpkin
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp cloves
    3/4 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11 X 7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
    Cut baguette into 1 inch slices, then into cubes. Place in a large bowl and cover with the half and half, tossing the bread cubes to allow the liquid to soak in.

In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Add to bread mixture with raisins and blend well.

Pour into baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Serves 8. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mabella17
    Options
    I need something easy and really different for Thanksgiving .... but I can't find or think of anything that's really different :grumble:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I need something easy and really different for Thanksgiving .... but I can't find or think of anything that's really different :grumble:

There are two deli/sandwich places near me that do group meals. They have a lot of healthy options so I am considering them for the holidays. They are McCalisters and Jason's Deli. Even if you don't have those restaurants in your area I bet there is something like it. Healthy and I don't have to make it!

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I make this for dinner, but it ends up getting eaten as an appetizer:

Roasted Broccoli

500 degrees, 12 minutes, turn once

1 pound broccoli
    2 T olive oil
    salt
    pepper

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Wash & drain broccoli. Pat dry. Cut into florets. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange florets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once, for 12 minutes.