Help! My thighs are eating my shorts!

Options
I have a problem that I'm hoping someone on here has had before and can give me advice. Last night I wore a pair of shorts while running. The problem I have is that my thighs love to eat my shorts. Well, that makes me self conscience so I was constantly pulling them down. It's hard to get a good workout while pulling at shorts. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how did/do you solve it?

Replies

• bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Are you running in actual running shorts or gym shorts? If running shorts and that is still happening I'd recommend some tight lycra shorts. No riding up in those puppies. And in the extreme heat and humidity it has a double bonus of not causing chafing that comes with the heat.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts won't do that, but you might not be comfortable with the look. I have these and LOVE them. I wish they came in better colors.

https://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRL1073/
  • lamerek
    lamerek Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Even at my goal weight I will forever have chub rub! :) I wear lycra compression style shorts or capris—SO much more comfortable for me! You can always put lycra/compression shorts/capris under running shorts if you want a more modest look.

There are also SUPER cute running skirts (with shorts built in underneath). Check out Skirt Sports, Lucy, Athleta, Title Nine for some cute stuff (but not cheap!).
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    I think I am going to have to break over to the compression shorts. The shorts I have are Adidas and I really think they're for soccer. I got them because they were tighter in the legs, but still not compression shorts (and they were a size smaller than I usually get :happy: )

Now, here's another question. Are compression shorts and what we called biker shorts in the 80's the same thing?
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post! I have the same problem and my thighs were burning from the friction of rubbing together (slightly different but same-ish problem). I've been using leggings and shorts due to my lack of funds to buy nice workout clothes.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga capris- they are very comfy, not too hot, and no ride up!!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya ladies! My current favorite is the Nike Pro series - they have all kinds of leg lengths, I think they are classified as compression shorts. I've got multiple pairs of the capris and I love love love them! No more thighs eating shorts! I really like where they sit on my waist too, the inseam is long enough that they don't just sit on my hips, they actually go about an inch under my belly button, so they are great for keeping my muffin in check too.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bike shorts = compression shorts!!!! Best of luck I wear them too!!!!
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    We call that Fat Girl Rub in my house. Or Fat Boy Rub..if you're my husband. Please don't take offense b/c I used the word 'fat'.

Anyway, we both wear Under Armour under our shorts or like some of the lady's were saying, I work out in capri yago pants.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use the compression shorts you can find at walmart gold's gym brand they're Lycra so they will be flexible with movement they make you sweat and will not ride up they are black in color so when you sweat it's not noticable.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have this problem when I forget my compression shorts. I wear compression shorts under my regular shorts. This makes the regular shorts slide right back into place. I get basketball shorts though and since they are a lot looser they don't slide up as much. Maybe it'll work with soccer shorts................
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    compression shorts FTW. Wicking def.
  • monica22886
    monica22886 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and I am DEF NOT comfortable wearing just compression shorts when I run.... so I wear running skirts. Try Sports Authority or runningskirts.com (I think) and they have some with compression shorts underneath. I feel so much more girlie and better about myself in those! ;)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Also when its cooler, I run in leggings.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I just run in capris. Gonna be hot anyway, right? I can't stand the thigh rubbing.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Capri Yoga pants hre also. Affordable and no creepy crawling.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    either capri yoga pants or slightly longer inseams on the shorts helps :)
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Options
    I have capri compression pants. they come right above my calves. Love them.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga capris pants and love them to run~ walk~ bike~ anything...love them!! I got mine at WalMart for $12
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump