Help! My thighs are eating my shorts!

Options

Replies

• allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My problem is the women's compression shorts seem to be shorter than what I need.... so they don't cover the area that I need covered.... so what length should we get and do they have longer ones that aren't capris in women's sizes or do we have to get mens... theirs are too long but better than the short ones..
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of cotton knit shorts that go nearly to my knee....they never ride up. They aren't capris....they are shorts...think they used to call them "walking shorts". They're are great for working out in. But they are old and I am not sure they even sell them now, but you could check.
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga capris- they are very comfy, not too hot, and no ride up!!

THIS

I pretty much only run in yoga capris. Anything shorter then a capri will ride up in my crotch!!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I run in compression capris from Old Navy. Found them on clearance for 11 bucks, WIN. I'm keeping an eye out on the site for skirts :)
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    I had been running in a pair of black cotton knit capri pants. However, since it's summer and the humidity here is a killer, I thought I'd try shorts. I did get a shirt with wicking to help the heat and thought shorts would help, too. I'm going to try the compression shorts under my other shorts to see if this helps. Thanks, gals!
  • Devona14
    Options
    We call that Fat Girl Rub in my house. Or Fat Boy Rub..if you're my husband. Please don't take offense b/c I used the word 'fat'.

Anyway, we both wear Under Armour under our shorts or like some of the lady's were saying, I work out in capri yago pants.

No offense taken here. In fact, I've read other people here call it Chub Rub. I liked that term so it is now part of my vocabulary. :bigsmile:
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Now, here's another question. Are compression shorts and what we called biker shorts in the 80's the same thing?

Pretty much. Though I'm not sure why we ever called them bike shorts. Actual bike shorts have a chamois/pad to cushion a person's sit bones and privates while riding a bike. The shorts that we called "bike shorts" in the 80s were simply lycra/spandex shorts worn for fitness or fashion (that still slays me...the stuff that we found fashionable 25-30 years ago :laugh: :embarassed: ), sans chamois.

I run in either compression shorts or running skirts. MUCH more flattering than my crotch eating looser shorts.
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have found that I need shorts with at least a 5" inseam (Adidas baggy response 5" work great) so they don't ride up. At the very least I can get away with a 4" inseam depending on the brand (for example, Walmart has shorts available right now that actually work great and have a 4" inseam).
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wear the running skirts with built in shorts.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I wear a running skirt :)

No shorts eating here!
  • audreanna76
    Options
    I wear the compression shorts and lycra capris...and I love them! Easy to move in and comfortable.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    what I do is wear a pair of really tight leggins under my shorts. this stops them from ridning up on me.... i had to try several things till i found one that would work for me.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    try applying solid deodarant to the insides of your thighs
    I've also heard of doing this with vaseline but I've never tried that one.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep..I wear the Lycra bike shorts or capris. You can get em a Walmart cheap. It's smooth and no chaffing :)
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    I never run in short shorts for that very reason. I wear my shorts at least to my knees or longer. That solves the problem.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with compression shorts, if you are self conscious, you can just wear regular shorts over them or a running skirt.
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Have had this problem all my life! No matter what weight! And i even tried it again for the first time in years on my last run thinking my new more toned legs couldn't possibly want to eat up my shorts. Nope.com. Still happened. So they are banished for life--again.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have a problem that I'm hoping someone on here has had before and can give me advice. Last night I wore a pair of shorts while running. The problem I have is that my thighs love to eat my shorts. Well, that makes me self conscience so I was constantly pulling them down. It's hard to get a good workout while pulling at shorts. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how did/do you solve it?

I tend to favour three-quarter length running bottoms, I find them more comfortable than short-shorts
  • Devona14
    Options
    You all have me sold! I'm getting some lycra in my running gear!

One good thing (if that's possible with this problem) is that while my shorts were riding up to my crotch, I could see my muscles working in my leg. Granted, they're still covered by a layer of fat and cellulite. But hey, they're getting slimmer and I'm moving!