Plateau.....possibly a good one?

Options
So I gained 2 lbs, not a huge deal, and I don't feel any huger and my clothes still fit the same. My weight hasn't be going down, and it hasn't been going up either. Am I done? I'm happy with how I look, I just have to tone my tummy a little bit. Before, I had trouble maintaining my lower weight, so I increased calories a little bit and now I'm steady at this slightly higher weight. Any ideas? Will my weight drop lower when my body gets used to the calorie increase?

Replies

• dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    help me people! haha
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Your weight might go lower once it gets used to the calorie increase, but that'll take a few weeks to "re-adjust" before you see any difference. If you're happy with what you see, then stay at where you are! Strength training will change what you see a little bit too, and could make your weight go up a little bit, but not in a bad kind of way! haha
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hopefully someone else will reply and be able to help! I'm facing the same dilemna you are. Been hovering at this mark since Christmas. Up two pounds down 1, up 1 down 2 etc. I'm not upset at the weight I am now, but would like to lose 9 more pounds. Kind of like "bumper pounds", where I can go up or down 5 lbs and not freak. I guess if you're happy, then just keep going as you are.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can help, because I'm sort of facing the same dilema myself. Weight loss seems to have stalled again. Part of me thinks I'm in a good place and shouldn't worry about it, but part of me feels like I should try to lose another five. My trainer says I should stop worrying about the scale and just focus on my training. Some days I worry I'm eating to much and I'm going to gain, and other days I worry I'm not eating enough to adequately fuel my training.
    Curious if you get any good answers....
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! actually, I lost .4 lbs since my increase...it took a while but maybe I jolted my metabolism and it will keep decreasing
  • leanne5025
    leanne5025 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "Not sure I can help, because I'm sort of facing the same dilema myself. Weight loss seems to have stalled again. Part of me thinks I'm in a good place and shouldn't worry about it, but part of me feels like I should try to lose another five. My trainer says I should stop worrying about the scale and just focus on my training. Some days I worry I'm eating to much and I'm going to gain, and other days I worry I'm not eating enough to adequately fuel my training.
    Curious if you get any good answers...."

This is where I am too, although I have 20lbs still to lose. The weight loss / strength / cardio training mind game is making me crazy. I'm trying to just get real honest with myself about what I eat, not worry about eating too much as long as it's the good stuff, and have really good training sessions. I may even ditch the scale for a while, although that's so hard to do. I need to free myself from the worry for a while....take a vacation from it so to speak.