It's Finally Friday!

Options
Yes, it's finally Friday, and while I love my weekends, I almost love them to much. I tend to lose focuse...I don't tend... I DO lose focus and damage all the work that I've done through the week. I would love to know what you do that helps you stay on track during weekends events...especially during the Summer. Like tonight, I'm going to a concert, Saturday night is a benefit, Sunday is a True Blood Party! What this says is tons of alcoholic beverages and food! I'm hoping that by me putting my plea out to My Fitness Pal, it will help me stay focused! I would love to hear your thoughts! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Replies

• LadyL47
    LadyL47 Posts: 2
    Options
    I totally understand, my weekends are filled with non stop get togethers and camping over the summer months. I started drinking rum and diet coke (only 97 calories for a jigger 1.5 ounces of rum) and I make sure I exercise every Saturday morning before starting the day. Also, if you are at a party with lots of food just pick a couple of things you will eat and stay away from all the other unhealthy choices. Hope this helps.
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Yes, it's finally Friday, and while I love my weekends, I almost love them to much. I tend to lose focuse...I don't tend... I DO lose focus and damage all the work that I've done through the week. I would love to know what you do that helps you stay on track during weekends events...especially during the Summer. Like tonight, I'm going to a concert, Saturday night is a benefit, Sunday is a True Blood Party! What this says is tons of alcoholic beverages and food! I'm hoping that by me putting my plea out to My Fitness Pal, it will help me stay focused! I would love to hear your thoughts! HAPPY FRIDAY!

I completely understand. It is all too familar to me. I try to exercise more, eat just a little less and drink lots. Only drink tons on Friday and maybe some on Saturday. This is such a slow process for me due to the fact of my weekend. But at least I am not gaining and may lose a half to a pound a week. Very slow but I am still enjoying life to the fullest. I still log my weekend even if I over so I am not kidding myself. It is just a conscience effort. Good luck and enjoy your weekends!!! HAPPY FRIDAY.
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: Cheers :bigsmile:
  • Bn331
    Bn331 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My advice is enjoy your weekend:) I to struggle with healthy choices, my daughters 3rd birthday party is tomorrow! Help Me! But my plans are to enjoy every moment and just watch my portion size! Ive found that if I am strict on myself on the weekend I do worse through the week!
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is your lifestyle change. You need to make choices you can live with. It isn't a race (despite the fact that we set goals and have timelines for reaching them). It is done at your own pace. My advice is to make conscious decisions about everything you do. Enjoy your life but don't give yourself permission to "overdo" anything. There is a price to be paid for every choice we make, especially in this journey. Stay away from trigger foods. Taste foods that you enjoy but don't load your plate. Set a limit for drinks. Don't forget to keep moving....exercise each day. Never forget you...I think of this process as a promise to myself.

"Lache pas la patate" - My family is Creole. This means "don't give up" in French....or literally "Don't let go of the potato" LOL

Lache pas la patate even on the weekends....C'est tout (that's all)
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love weekends because of no work.

I hate weekends because the potential to screw my calorie allowance goes up by 200%.
  • CaClifton
    CaClifton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! This was great support and I made it! My weight loss for the week was 2 pounds! I did enjoy my weekend, made healthy choices for the most part.....some not so much.... and didn't really feel like I was sacrificing to much! Have a Great WEEK!