Need help toning

Options
Hello

I am new to this site. I am in my healthy weight range. The problem is that I am "soft". I really need to tone my legs, hips, butt. Does anyone have any good exercises they could suggest to help in this area of my body?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yes, general cardio/calorie burning activity combined with diet will reduce the soft fatty tissues and reveal the underlying lean tissues.

A weight lifting program like Starting Strength, New Rules, Stronglifts, will help strengthen those underlying muscles.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, deadlifts
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I agree with Wellbert, also watch out for the term "tone". People around here get butt hurt about that one! Technically its 'define' :wink:
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells. LOVE them for my arms, shoulders, back, and abs.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yes, general cardio/calorie burning activity combined with diet will reduce the soft fatty tissues and reveal the underlying lean tissues.

A weight lifting program like Starting Strength, New Rules, Stronglifts, will help strengthen those underlying muscles.

That must have taken such restraint!! I am proud of you:P
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with Wellbert, also watch out for the term "tone". People around here get butt hurt about that one! Technically its 'define' :wink:

^^ This. :laugh: As soon as I saw the topic I was going to jump in and say the exact same thing.
  • wellbert
    Options

it helps to know what people mean by 'toning!' :p
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hello

I am new to this site. I am in my healthy weight range. The problem is that I am "soft". I really need to tone my legs, hips, butt. Does anyone have any good exercises they could suggest to help in this area of my body?

When someone gives you some really good advice, please message it to me! I really need to add strength/toning to my cardio but I have no idea what to do..
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options

booyah weight lifting!!! .....agh "toning"
  • wellbert
    Options

Your arms are amazing
  • aresakp
    aresakp Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey I've been on the site for a while but didn't know about the message boards but I do now. I'm in pretty ok shape, I've been running a mile everyday for the past week consistently, but have been walking consistently a mile for the past month. So my question is how do I tone my lower abs so I won't have that pooch?
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Your arms are amazing

Agree!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options

Your arms are amazing

Agree!

aw thanks! i toned -- -hahahhah JK

i lift some heavy stuff -- they only look that super in flex mode and nice in reg mode too :) proud of em
  • Crochetdiva67
    Crochetdiva67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should try the website Blogilates. They have workouts for different trouble areas so that you can build muscle and tone all over ;).
  • aresakp
    aresakp Posts: 5
    Options
    hmmm looks awesome :-) thanks for the info everyone :-)
  • aburden12
    aburden12 Posts: 3
    Options

Haha! Thanks for the heads up about the word "toning".
  • aburden12
    aburden12 Posts: 3
    Options
    You should try the website Blogilates. They have workouts for different trouble areas so that you can build muscle and tone all over ;).

Awesome! Thanks
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Pick up heavy stuff and put it back down.....heavy lifting is where it's at if you want to change the shape of your body.