another newbie!

Options
HI! I'm Monica.

I am 32 and tired of being overweight. I have three boys, and many days I find I would rather take a nap than go outside and play with them.

I have decided to stop recording Biggest Loser and instead to become one! My friend and I have joined the gym, and I have been there every day this week. I really hope this is not some phase I will grow tired of, because I really want to make this work. When I found this website, I was really excited! I am hoping the counters will help keep me accountable for everything that passes my lips, and I love the prediction you get when you have finished logging for the day -- it shows me that this will really work!

I hope to make some friends out there who are on the same journey.

GOOD LUCK to us all!

Replies

• mtmom
    mtmom Posts: 13
    Options
    HI! I'm Monica.

I am 32 and tired of being overweight. I have three boys, and many days I find I would rather take a nap than go outside and play with them.

I have decided to stop recording Biggest Loser and instead to become one! My friend and I have joined the gym, and I have been there every day this week. I really hope this is not some phase I will grow tired of, because I really want to make this work. When I found this website, I was really excited! I am hoping the counters will help keep me accountable for everything that passes my lips, and I love the prediction you get when you have finished logging for the day -- it shows me that this will really work!

I hope to make some friends out there who are on the same journey.

GOOD LUCK to us all!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Positive thinking. U can do it.
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Welcome! This sight is great and very motivational. Stick with it and you will lose big! Good luck!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Better starting 50 pounds over than 100 or 200 pounds over. In other words, starting now is the best thing you can do. I have to lose a little more than that. So, we can do it together! This is a great site, full of great tools, friends who are having the same troubles as you, and are as overweight as you. So, welcome!!!
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    good luck Monica!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    When we first start out changing our eating and exercise habits there's a lot of enthusiasm. If you have an exercise partner that makes the process much easier. It's important to monitor yourself as you proceed forward and not to push too hard too soon or you will suffer burn out and fall backwards. Take it in gradual steps to build yourself up to a solid program so that you don't strain muscles and injure yourself. Also know that you will, eventually, hit a wall with regard to working out.

When you hit that exercise "wall" you and your exercise partner will be of greater strength to keep each other going. When I hit my wall I pull myself back to 1 minute goals and eventually I get through my full workout -- it's a hard days' exercise when that happens but I feel better knowing that I won and my mind didn't.

Good luck!
  • dejones
    dejones Posts: 41
    Options
    You can do it. I just started and I am almost 50, this site will help and give you motivation. Atleast you you didn't wait as long as I did to decide to get in shape. Go slow and steady and you will make progress.