Family Going to Incredible Pizza!!! HELP !!!!!

Options
:smile: Okay my family was planning a vacation and then decided to just make a day at Incredible Pizza. We have never been there and here is what I know. It is a pizza buffet with all kinds of pizza, with salad bar, pasta bar, and desert bar. I am a big pizza and pasta fan, and our family friends went there and they have massive cinnamon rolls too (another weakness!!). But also they have a moving movie theater? Plus arcade games, and laser tag! It sounds like fun, and it will be our first family outting in never!! We usually go to somewhere close and have a meal and then go home. This is going to be all day!!!! I might want to use it as a cheat day, but any suggestions on good choices and bad? I dont want to go over board and need all the suggestions I can get. Thanks :smile: Nikki

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Fill up on salad. If there are noodles with nothing on them, put some in your salad (not like a pasta salad, but as another addition -- put as much in as you put, say, tomatoes). If I'm eating salad as my main meal, some rotini or gemelli in there makes it fun.

Go easy on the dressing. If you hate vinaigrettes, don't get vinaigrette to be "good", because then you won't enjoy your salad and will give in to the pizza. Get a dressing you enjoy, but put it on the side and dip your salad lightly into the dressing. Better yet, dip your naked fork in the dressing, then spear salad and eat it that way.

Places like this usually have soups too, and maybe fresh fruit. Have some soup, and definitely some fruit.

If you want a slice of pizza, eat one, enjoy it, and stop. If you want some cinnamon roll, break a small bite or two off someone else's, enjoy it, and stop. Don't feel guilty, because on a day like you described, you will be moving around a lot and burning calories. But be careful of mass produced desserts in general. Calories aside, they are likely full of trans fats and other junk that is plain bad for you.

Good luck :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I go on vacation I just enjoy myself and get back on the wagon when I get home
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Heavy on the laser tag. Heavier on the salad bar (no dressing). Light on the pizza, but do enjoy a couple of slices if you like it. Share a cinnamon roll with a few other people so you get to enjoy a bit but don't go nuts. Lots of water and exercise penance the day before and after. Enjoy.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Do they have a menu online? Your best bet is to find out the calories in everything and then plan your meal in advance. If it's not online you can guess using other pizza restaurants, etc. If I don't plan I'm almost guaranteed to go over.

What I would do - eat TONS of veggies, no pasta, eat some pizza (but cut off the crust or just eat the toppings), and half a cinnamon roll (if it's a special splurge kind of thing). Also, I think it's really beneficial to truly think about what is being eaten -- if it's not delicious, then stop & eat something else. It's really easy to overeat when you're distracted, and most of those types of places have pretty subpar food, so why waste calories on stuff that you don't truly enjoy?

Drink lots and lots of water both before and during the day, and absolutely no soda (not even diet, because of how sugar alcohols affect cravings). Stay busy!

Keep things high protein and you can eat a lot more food for fewer calories.

It's not hard to stay within guidelines if you plan ahead. Have fun!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've never met anyone who could stay at Incredible pizza all day. It's a pizza buffet with a big indoor arcade not Disney, it's just slightly more mature than Chuck E Cheese. It's a great place for groups and they usually have lots of birthday parties and church groups there but after a couple hours everyone has usually played out their tokens or run out of cash for the extras like go-carts or put put golf (may be location specific).
  • nikki_starr
    nikki_starr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never met anyone who could stay at Incredible pizza all day. It's a pizza buffet with a big indoor arcade not Disney, it's just slightly more mature than Chuck E Cheese. It's a great place for groups and they usually have lots of birthday parties and church groups there but after a couple hours everyone has usually played out their tokens or run out of cash for the extras like go-carts or put put golf (may be location specific).

We never been there before, but we have the unlimited activities special, so we wont run out of $ and the only thing that is limited is the arcade. :smile:
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    Fill up on salad. If there are noodles with nothing on them, put some in your salad (not like a pasta salad, but as another addition -- put as much in as you put, say, tomatoes). If I'm eating salad as my main meal, some rotini or gemelli in there makes it fun.

Go easy on the dressing. If you hate vinaigrettes, don't get vinaigrette to be "good", because then you won't enjoy your salad and will give in to the pizza. Get a dressing you enjoy, but put it on the side and dip your salad lightly into the dressing. Better yet, dip your naked fork in the dressing, then spear salad and eat it that way.

Places like this usually have soups too, and maybe fresh fruit. Have some soup, and definitely some fruit.

If you want a slice of pizza, eat one, enjoy it, and stop. If you want some cinnamon roll, break a small bite or two off someone else's, enjoy it, and stop. Don't feel guilty, because on a day like you described, you will be moving around a lot and burning calories. But be careful of mass produced desserts in general. Calories aside, they are likely full of trans fats and other junk that is plain bad for you.

I never thought of putting pasta on a salad :smile: I will def. try that. I like ranch dressing and I do keep it on the side and dip my fork in it. I havent thought about soups, so I will def. keep my eye out for that and fruit does sound good :smile: I will prob. eat a couple pieces of pizza depending on what kind. I havent had pizza in a while. If I do have a cinnamon roll I would be sharing it with my mom because we wouldnt be able to eat it all :smile: Thank You, you have def helped :smile: Nikki
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    When I go on vacation I just enjoy myself and get back on the wagon when I get home

Yes def. will, Thanks Nikki:smile:
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    Heavy on the laser tag. Heavier on the salad bar (no dressing). Light on the pizza, but do enjoy a couple of slices if you like it. Share a cinnamon roll with a few other people so you get to enjoy a bit but don't go nuts. Lots of water and exercise penance the day before and after. Enjoy.

I have never played Laser tag but I know that will be one thing I will be doing a lot :smile: I still have trouble drinking tons of water, but normally I only drink 4 or 5 cups a day. Thanks You, :smile: Nikki
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself but do not over do it. If you have pizza do not eat more then two and just eat plain. Have more salad with the slice it makes a meal. Just like someone suggested try to stay away from the sweets, have a bite and move on. Drink a bottle of water before you are to eat it will help.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I dont know if this helps, but nearly all Pizza buffets have sucky pizza. So, it might not even be worth tempting you with. Just a though.
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    Do they have a menu online? Your best bet is to find out the calories in everything and then plan your meal in advance. If it's not online you can guess using other pizza restaurants, etc. If I don't plan I'm almost guaranteed to go over.

What I would do - eat TONS of veggies, no pasta, eat some pizza (but cut off the crust or just eat the toppings), and half a cinnamon roll (if it's a special splurge kind of thing). Also, I think it's really beneficial to truly think about what is being eaten -- if it's not delicious, then stop & eat something else. It's really easy to overeat when you're distracted, and most of those types of places have pretty subpar food, so why waste calories on stuff that you don't truly enjoy?

Drink lots and lots of water both before and during the day, and absolutely no soda (not even diet, because of how sugar alcohols affect cravings). Stay busy!

Keep things high protein and you can eat a lot more food for fewer calories.

It's not hard to stay within guidelines if you plan ahead. Have fun!

Yes they do have a menu online, but no nutritional information, but I can add it up. Its salad bar has over 100 items!!! I dont eat it if it doesnt taste good, I usually get a little bit if Im not sure of the taste to try it, if I like it I get more, if I dont then I wont. But I need to think of how much I can have. :smile: I rarely drink soda, but I do add lemon to my water with a little splenda to sweeten it. I do think I will plan ahead, I def. understand how the calories add up. Expecally when Im hanging out with our family friends because she likes to say "Why of course you can have it, it wont hurt." then she will smile. ERRRR I keep polietly declining her offer and then finally give in because she keep offering! Idk if she is going or not! So I have to really keep up to saying no.:smile: Thank you for your help :smile: Nikki
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    Enjoy yourself but do not over do it. If you have pizza do not eat more then two and just eat plain. Have more salad with the slice it makes a meal. Just like someone suggested try to stay away from the sweets, have a bite and move on. Drink a bottle of water before you are to eat it will help.

Thank You it does help :smile:
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    I dont know if this helps, but nearly all Pizza buffets have sucky pizza. So, it might not even be worth tempting you with. Just a though.

True, didnt think about that :smile: Thanks
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I sometimes order pizza because it's so damned good and I'm a big believer in not denying myself tasty food!

For every piece of pizza I have to drink a HUGE glass of water. I'm usually so full that I can't have more than a piece or two!

Plus if you load up on the salad bar before you even get to the pizza, you're rock solid!
  • nikki_starr
    Options
    I sometimes order pizza because it's so damned good and I'm a big believer in not denying myself tasty food!

For every piece of pizza I have to drink a HUGE glass of water. I'm usually so full that I can't have more than a piece or two!

Plus if you load up on the salad bar before you even get to the pizza, you're rock solid!

Thanks I never thought about drinking one glass of water per slice!! AWESOME!! I am def. gonna do that, thank you so much.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Plan on eating very lean the day before and after. You know - a reasonable amount of calories but nothing heavy. Then, while you're there, focus on better choices. Thin crust pizza instead of deep dish. Veggies instead of pepperoni, pasta salad that isn't mayonnaise based. But, make sure you enjoy yourself. This needs to be a lifestyle change where we make the best choices available, and it shouldn't be a punishment. If you feel deprived, you won't be successful. And, it's just one special day.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

This is amazing advice!