Carb Lover

Options
tonyote40
tonyote40 Posts: 30
I must admit I am a carb lover. It is what I crave. In this journey I am trying to find healty alternatives for my addiction and something that my skinny husband and 5 year old will eat. My one year old will eat anything. Last night I made dinner for my family, spagetti was on the menu. I used a spagetti squash for my noodles. 40 calories a cup, just bake and rack out with a fork. The rest of the family had regular noodles. I let them enjoy their meals, then had them try the squash. Everyone said they preferred it over the regular noodles. Even my picky 5 year old. Maybe I have found a new addiction!

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If you are wanting to go for some recipes without the starchy carbohydrates you should google "Paleo recipes". There is a LOT of good stuff out there that you will find you and your family will enjoy. I have a picky 4 y/o and he will eat almost any of the things we make ever since we decided to live a Paleo lifestyle.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is great. I've found that I can't stand the texture or flavor of pasta any more, and much prefer to use other alternatives like spaghetti squash, riced cauliflower and other vegtables as a replacement for noodles.

My 2 1/2 year old son will eat the vegtables too, and I can say that we all get way more vegtables than we ever did eating "normally". If carbs are an addiction for you and make it harder to stay in control and loose weight, consider keeping this up and I don't think that you'll be disappointed with the results. Below is a great recipe source:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • tonyote40
    tonyote40 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I need all the help I can get!