what foods do eat eat in between?...

Options
when they say eat up to 5 meals a day,uhhh..what would those be?

i eat breakfast,lunch,and dinner, and then maybe some fruit.
what else could i fit between them??

Replies

• bikinibrooke123
    Options
    when they say eat up to 5 meals a day,uhhh..what would those be?

i eat breakfast,lunch,and dinner, and then maybe some fruit.
    what else could i fit between them??
    i mean "what foods do i eat in between"
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I usually go for boiled eggs; yogurt and nuts or sliced ham

Check out this thread you may find it helpful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68525-whats-for-breakfast-lunch-dinner
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    i love boild eggs.
    i'll eat them<3
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    peanuts are good just watch calories intake on them.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I do yogurts, V8s, reduced fat crackers and hummus, and fruit... at night I have a serving of cereal with skim milk
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am on a new diet plan called Metabolism Miracle diet And we eat for snacks cocoaroasted almonds, all nuts. cottage cheese, string cheese,celery and peanut butter,etc.that don't have carbs in them.
    calie
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    easy grabs like nuts, apples, yogurt....basically you are just trying to have a little 100 filling calories to keep from going ape sh8t at your next meal.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I love cereal as "in between" snacks. I rarely eat 3 full meals though- usually 5 or 6 mini meals. A sandwich, a bowl of cereal, a pita pizza, cheese and crackers...I like to fit one meal sized meal in or I seem to be hungry all day. Other than that, it's more like snacking throughout the day.
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    thanks everyone.:smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    apple with peanut butter or fruit and almonds
  • Jenspo
    Jenspo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!!
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I buy the Dole Mandarin Oranges in light syrup (only 7o calories n yummy!)

OR

Jello Sugar Free/Fat Free pudding cups with light whip cream!!! (under 100 calories for both!)

Hope this helps! GL!:smokin:
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You should eat something protein rich, protein shakes, protein bars, yogurt with fruit in it, raw almonds, low fat cottage cheese. Typically your main meals should be about 300-400 calories and snacks right around 200-300, that would give you about 1600 calories per day, so go from there. Make sure you are eating nutrient rich foods, don't waste calories on something like a granola bar, when a protein bar (something with 12 or more grams of protein) will offer more protein and fiber and keep you satisfied longer. I love cold cereal, but really, you can get more bang for your buck if you eat something protein rich.

Stephanie
  • mrsbice
    Options
    oatmeal! most are only 150-160, and it sticks to your ribs in a big way.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 5 smaller meals. The same stuff you'd eat for whatever time of day (breakfast, dinner, brunch, etc), just less. Breakfast is my biggest meal with something like 2 eggs, a cup of oats or cereal, and milk, and maybe even some fruit or yogurt as well. Then I snack for the rest of the day, concentrating my carbohydrates around my workout and protein/fat before bed, but you don't really have to be that specific. I like to have meals of string cheese or yogurt with a granola bar, or a small sandwich, or cup of soup/casserole. Bigger than 'snacks' but smaller than 3 'squares'.
  • jessicasager
    Options
    I buy the Dole Mandarin Oranges in light syrup (only 7o calories n yummy!)

OR

Jello Sugar Free/Fat Free pudding cups with light whip cream!!! (under 100 calories for both!)

Hope this helps! GL!:smokin:

YES! Vanilla pudding is my new favorite. and those mandarin oranges are bomb! i do tuna salad with whole wheat crackers in the afternoon, usually an apple and baked chips during the morning/noonish time
  • januaryblondaf
    januaryblondaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    its better for you if you do w/o the yolk ;)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Well then you're missing out on all the lecithin and 1/2 the protein and it's sort of a waste.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

My trainer told me to eat 3 boiled eggs for breakfast. I eat 2-just whites 1-whole egg. The yolk of one egg can get in some of the fat you need,

To answer the original question, I eat apple and almond for morning snack. Then around 2pm I eat a greek yogurt.