Do You Love Your HRM?

Options
I have a fitbit, but it really doesnt do much as far as calories burned. So I want to buy a HRM, but i dont want to waste money on one that isnt going to be user friendly. What brand is your HRM? Would you suggest it? Why or why not?

Replies

• continue29
    continue29 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a Polar ft7 & absolutely love it.

Its easy to use, the strap is comfy & ive had no technical issues (not even needing new battery) since i had it for christmas.

Wouldnt be without it now

Hope that helps
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 that I bought several years ago! I love it as an HRM and even just as a watch. I swim, bike, run, CrossFit, everything with it!

I had to send it earlier this year for a new battery (after having it for 4+ years). The guy who does Polar authorized services in our area is actually in Dallas, but he is very good and very quick about getting it back to you.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar ft7 & absolutely love it.

Its easy to use, the strap is comfy & ive had no technical issues (not even needing new battery) since i had it for christmas.

Wouldnt be without it now

Hope that helps

I have the same one! I agree with everything - super comfortable and really easy to use. I would also add that this model doesn't need to be sent in for a battery change, you can do it yourself (though I haven't had to do it yet).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4! Just had to change the battery in the watch recently (after a little over 2 years of regular use) but that was really easy and cheap enough too.
  • tymoore122
    tymoore122 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love the Polar line, I have the FT40 and the FT80, had the FT7 as well. all worked just as needed only reason I moved to the 80 was I got tired of carrying my weight liifting log to the gym and the 80 allows you to program your strength sessions for a 3 day lookahead schedule and it provides a program that helps you manage fitness zone levels.

I would highly recommend the FT7 as the base model, only real upside to the 40 is the fitness test ability if I recall correctly (its my back up now) for the 80 the star program and weight lifting support. Down side to the 80 is the poor screen, the 80 comes with the link to download to your computer and is one of the reasons its so pricey, with the others its seperate purchase for $30.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    Ty
  • Dyngyldai
    Dyngyldai Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a polar rs800 but I think Garmin makes much better products. I would look at their offerings first.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Your Fitbit does everything about calories burned except for cycling, swimming, resistance exercises, and a few other activities. You can get those values from a database for free.

Even an HRM is an estimate. But at least it knows your exertion. A HRM is a fun tool and it's good to know your heart rate zones and see personalized estimates for resistance training, etc.

I have a Polar I loved for years. Now it goes through batteries like crazy so I never use it.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I used a Polar FT4 and loved it. It was simple, easy to use and told me what I needed.
    I used it for about 8 months, but then I gave it to my cousin. It was about $60.
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7. You can get them cheaper at bodytronics.com I just saw and ad that say you can use the code POGO, and get 5% off your order. I love mine!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am in love with my Polar FT4. It was worth the $60 dollars and it even tells me my cals burned. I'm going to marry that thing.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i ended up ordering the pink FT4 since it was the cheapest at $60. i cant wait for it to arrive!
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    polar FT7 :) fantastic
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, but it really doesnt do much as far as calories burned. So I want to buy a HRM, but i dont want to waste money on one that isnt going to be user friendly. What brand is your HRM? Would you suggest it? Why or why not?

I luffs my Polar FT4 - super-duper easy to set up. Works like a dream.

I heart it!
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. It's REALLY easy to use, but I am not in love with it. That's probably because I hate watches/bracelets, and haven't found a comfy medium with the chest strap.
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options

I was going to get a fitbit but saw too many mixed reviews on it....