I'm new to MFP and looking for friends, motivation & support

Options
Hi! My name is Lisa and I'm trying to lose weight for the zillionth time in my life. I'm REALLY trying this time and since finding this site just recently, I've lost 7 pounds already so I'm very excited! However, I am one of those "I want it to happen right now" kind of people and I think if I had others to help me keep my motivation up, it would help me greatly. I'm still learning how to navigate the MFP site and I don't know how to add friends so if you will add me, I will confirm you and root you on, too...I promise! :-)

Replies

• smittytech
    smittytech Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congrats on your recent loss. I've given it a few "tries" myself, but am finally motivated enough to get where I want to be. I have lost about 25lbs recently (my mfp is slightly off) and am looking to lose at least 30 more.

Add as many people as you want and they will help motivate you to your goal--while you, in turn, help them.
  • SamTheIntlDvlpr
    Options
    Hey Lisa and welcome :) I know how you feel about the 'i want it to happen now' mentality, Ive had to deal with that myself, so I always have to remnd myself that slow and steady wins the race. Anyways feel free to add me, if you figure out how :)
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined the other day. This is the first time in my weight loss journey that I realized I wanted to get fit and strong, not thin and weak--so that's what I'm going to do! Lose fat and gain muscle =)

8.5lbs down since January with taking a 2 month hiatus from the gym due to family health issues. I've been back at the gym for a little over a month now. I'll go ahead and add you =)