So Happy To Be Here

Robin052
Robin052 Posts: 18 Member
Hi,

My name is Robin and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Beautiful weather right now but going to be high 80's by Sunday, yuk. I am in the process of looking for a new primary care physician because I've had issues for years and now they are rearing their ugly heads. I'm very open, guess because I'm originally from NY and that will always be home.

I used to be made fun of by my brother when we were younger being called chicken legs and piano legs. Now I wish I had those, LOL. Actually my legs are not my problem. I have a beer gut and don't even drink. I need to lose this weight for my whole being but there are a lot of times I am not hungry. History: I have Type 2 Diabetes(no meds), Hypothyroid(or Hoshimoto disease I think it's called), Celiac and I'm a vegetarian. Does anyone else have a combination like this? I hate it. On meds for thyroid. I wished Weight Watchers had a plan for me because counting points is the best. I hate counting calories.

Anyway, I'm here and hope to connect with people who have something in common with me.

Robin:sad:

Replies

• terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Welcome!! Awesome site, with wonderful people and support..:) Feel free to add me as a friend if you like..
  • Robin052
    Robin052 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi and sorry I haven't responded up until now. I don't know how to add people as friends. Got advice? I was using Mega-T Green Tea. It's not FDA approved but took my appetite away. I lost 10 lbs and was so excited. I have back problems(on disability) and broke my right ankle a few years ago. It has a plate and screws in it and just recently started hurting for no reason. I will be 60 in October but I really don't feel my age at all. I live with my 2 dogs. Recently I went through some medical issues with tummy bloating and tender and my weight came back within like 5 days. They are worried about my liver because the enzymes were a little higher than nornal. I have high choesterol so I have been on a statin for many years. I'm currently off until they figure out what they want to do with me, LOL. I started back on the Mega-T because I have no clue where my appetite has come from. I've never been like this, have you? I get depressed because i gained the weight back so I ate more. That's why I went on the Green Tea.

I was hoping to meet more people on here and message or post to one another. I have no family. They have all passed on. Since 2001 not many good things have happened and it's taking it's toll. I don't want to vent on here and bore anyone. Life is just bad at the moment. I need to push myself to get on the treadmill to burn calories and I really need those endorphins. Has anyone else on here been through similar stuff? I was always skinny throughout my whole life so this is all new to me. I've also recently been diagnosed with diabetes and hypothyroidism. I'm glad someone told me about this site so I can track everything I put in my mouth.

Anyone up to being friends? If so, let me know how to go about it. I'm challenged that way, LOL.... Robin