exercise w/o breakfast

Options
today was the first day that i went to the gym w/o first eating breakfast, as per reading a few posts on here. i loved it! i did have a large glass of water with NOS "energy" powder before i went, but no food since dinner at 6:00 last night. i rode the stationary bike for 40 minutes, and really felt great! i think on my "cardio only" days at the gym, i will continue this for about a week and see if i can lose a few lbs. would love to hear others who do this. i used to get really light-headed & sick if i didn't eat before i went to the gym, so this is a real difference. i felt more energized somehow!!! :smile: hope it burned more fat! LOL

Replies

• edieness
    edieness Posts: 9
    Options
    Eating breakfast has always be a chore for me. I usually do my runs after a few cups of black coffee. I made myself eat a few times before a run because someone said I should. Lol I didn't feel like I was full of energy from eating so I switched back to the black coffee for breakfast. I recently read that eat you last meal 12 hours before u plan to eat breakfast; this has something to do with routine eating and matabolic rates. I read it in the most recent issue of health magazine. Seems to make sense. Anyway I guess if u r used to eating before workouts and then u stop u may shock your body into burning more calories. But for the non breakfast eater like myself I am guessing there is no shock factor. :)
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    interesting about the 12 hours. i will think about that one. thax for the info! :smile: