LC Cream Cheese Knock-Offs

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
So...I stumbled accross the Laughing Cow Cream Cheese spreads...YUMMMMO. I was loving the strawberry and cinnamon kind and they kept creeping into my grocery cart every week. I was spreading them on rice cakes....english muffins....waffles....my toddler if she'd stand still long enough...ANYTHING.

A few weeks ago when I was standing at the cream cheese meca at my grocery store...my eyes wandered to the bars of regular cream cheese. Being as "fiscally responsible" *cough*cheap*cough* as I am....I considered the drastic difference in the cost per ounce for the old school blocks of cheese - compared to my beloved pre-packaged triangles of goodness. Then I picked up the box and examined the nutritional info - sure...regular cream cheese had nothing on my wedges...buuuuuut - Fat Free Cream Cheese.....WAY less cals. Hmmm....I've learned in the past that FF Cream Cheese actually sucks when you eat it alone...but if I use it "IN" something - I don't mind. So what if I made my OWN flavored Cream Cheese?? Hmmm.....

I've now experimented with this TWICE. Both attempts were FAB, CHEAP and D-lish. WIN WIN WIN

CINNAMON Cream Cheese Spread
1 block of FF Cream Cheese
A few shakes of splenda
Pinch pinch pinch of cinnamon.
(come on - you didn't expect me to measure??)
In a bowl....zoooom zoooooom zoooooooooom with my mixer. Whippity whip whip whip.

Results - DEEEEEEEELISH. And the stats....about 20 calories (less then half my triangle) for an OUNCE - which is quite a bit MORE than the Laughing Cow. And it's all sort of yummy and fluffy and fab.

My next creation - Raspberry Cream Cheese. I'm always a creature of necessity - and this only resulted because I had a bag of frozen raspberries with just a bit in the bottom and needed to use it up.
1 block of FF Cream Cheese
About 1/2 a serving of the frozen Raspberries - whatever was left in my bag - hopefully that's quite helpful for you.
Again with the zooming and whipping.

WHOA - this one topped out at a whopping 25 cals per ounce. And was YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMO!!!!

Think of the possibilities with frozen fruit. Or maybe some sugar free jelly instead? Some sugar free chocolate syrup. PEANUT BUTTER. OY!!!

Sorry to the haters who think Splenda and FF Dairy products were created by the devil and cause brain tumors.......

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    really excited over this right now.......will be trying.....
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've heard the hype of the LC Cream Cheese, but I've never actually tried it because it's somewhat expensive where I live.
    But I'll have to give this a try, thank you! :smile:
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW... great discovery!! Definately going to try myself!! Thanks!
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    I've done something similar to make an icing before. Thanks for the idea & reminding me about that... Hmmm maybe I'm overdue for one of those diet coke cakes...
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you can also do this with butter. equally fabulous, not as figure friendly.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sorry to the haters who think Splenda and FF Dairy products were created by the devil and cause brain tumors.......

bahahahahahahaha!! You are awesome! I have GOT to try this!! Thanks for being the awesomeness that you are! :bigsmile:
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you can also do this with butter. equally fabulous, not as figure friendly.

Oooooh....I'm inspired. I noticed some "honey" and "pumpkin" flavored butters the other day and I drooled a little. They certainly have "light" butter spreads out there with half the cals/fat of regular butter. I'm TOTALLY going to get some and spruce them up somehow. Cinnamon...canned pumpkin maybe....I dunno. But I'm inspired.......