Carbohilic...Help

Options
Hey guys! I just joined recently, after deciding I want to lose ten pounds. I'm in no way fat right now...I just want to be healthier! Right now i feel like I live off of carbs, which I feel like I justify by telling myself its okay since I dont eat much junk food. But I know carbs can be as bad in different ways. I just feel like its the only thing that actually makes me feel full. Any healthier alternative suggestions?

Replies

• cara4art
    cara4art Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of carbs you're eating. If still eating a lot of starchy carbs(even whole-grain ones), try shifting to a greater proportion of vegetables and fruits for your carbs. You get to eat a lot more food this way as most vegetables and lower-sugar fruits are lower in calories anyway. You can't go wrong with eating a lot of produce, especially raw. That alone should improve your health, and if you're not eating too much of the wrong kinds of fat, and also too many starchy things, then, yes, a relatively high-carb diet can work just fine. And yes, those 10 pounds will go down over time. Just don't be in huge rush, and they'll more likely stay off. Best thing is to focus on health while losing. Otherwise, it's not sustainable, which is what it's all about, a lifestyle change.
  • el9292
    el9292 Posts: 3
    Options
    Okay, that makes sense. I guess it will jut take awhile to get used to. Thanks so much!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just joined recently, after deciding I want to lose ten pounds. I'm in no way fat right now...I just want to be healthier! Right now i feel like I live off of carbs, which I feel like I justify by telling myself its okay since I dont eat much junk food. But I know carbs can be as bad in different ways. I just feel like its the only thing that actually makes me feel full. Any healthier alternative suggestions?

I'm curious in what you mean when you said "I know carbs can be as bad in different ways" Bad like how?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    what exactly seems to be the problem you are trying to solve?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    what exactly seems to be the problem you are trying to solve?

I'm too juicy.

Wait... you weren't talking to me. Sorry... Carry on.