NSV...there are some muscles under there!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
After seeing the "ladies show me your guns" thread, I chuckled and snapped a picture of my arm. But then something surprising happened...when I compared to a similar picture from January, I was SHOCKED at the results. You see, I don't strength train (yet - plan on starting this fall, though I do carry a 28 lb. toddler around LOL). I just do lots of cardio (running, cycling, and walking). Obviously there is still a LOT of fat I need to get rid of, but I was pleasantly surprised with the photo compare.

The first picture was taken 1/31/12. The second was taken 6/21/12. In that time, I have lost about 18 lbs. I've also taken up running, and completed a couple 5Ks now. Running has done a LOT to change my body shape and composition - I'll also include some before/during of my double chin from similar time periods (Jan/June 2012).

And for those who are similar to me, I'm a slow loser due to PCOS and Hypothyroidism. It has taken me 13 months to lose over 50 lbs. It can be done!

i-bpnpLXs-S.jpgi-RCJjL4Q-S.jpg

i-tQ8pqXh.jpgi-dcJCJcN-S.jpg

Replies

• rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Muscles!!!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yesterday I was putting some lotion on my legs after a shower, and noticed that my calfs are getting some serious muscle. Granted, it is still covered by a layer of fat, but I can feel it; it's there!! LOL
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are looking great. I'm doing a little weight training and started in March, 2012 and have lost right at 30lbs now. They really say in the materials I've been reading that getting some muscles really helps with the weight loss as it helps to burn the fat. It gets so confusing at times to read all the stuff on weight loss.

I'm excited for you and can't wait until this fall when you start the weight training to see how fast you really start to lose. Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted! I love reading all the success and determination of others. It helps to keep me motivated as well. :smile:
  • aqua_girl
    aqua_girl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Look at those muscles!!! and your side by side face comparison pics are amazing!!! Keep up the great work! can't wait to see what a little strength training will do to really re-shape your body! :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    i-CcjNzpK-S.jpgi-dcJCJcN-S.jpg

Here, I'll make my face before/during more impressive LOL. The first pic is me around my highest weight, which would be about 74 lbs. heavier than the last pic.
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Wow! You're looking great!
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! PCOS can be make it harder to lose weight but you didn't use it as an excuse! You are rocking it! Be proud :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 1drwmn
    1drwmn Posts: 25
    Options
    You rock!! It isn't easy. But so worth it!!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    GREAT job !!!! Holey moley !
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look great, keep up the good work. I also have hypothyroid and know how hard losing weight can be
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!